Finding the calm during the storm

A\N: Three JIBBS stories in four days! I've rewrote this story three times in two days and I'm getting writers block this story, so this will be a short drabble until I can update it and make it longer. Enjoy, Angels.

Jethro is with Jen in her study when the flashback happens.

It starts with the thunderstorm that's happening outside.

Then the glass in her hands crashes to the floor, glass spreading all over the floor.

Then the whimpers reach his ears.

And finally it's the terrified look on her face.

Jethro gets off the chair and goes to his favourite redhead, sitting beside her and pulling her onto his lap, knowing from past experience that physical comfort helps her come out of it a lot quicker.

"Come back to me, Jen." He says softly, kissing her hair. Jen whimpers as tears flow down her makeup-free face. Jethro sighs as he kisses her hair. When they were undercover, he got good at predicting when a flashback would be coming and it was those certain tells that made him know that a flashback was coming now.

"Come back to me, baby." He whispers, kissing her hair again.

Thunder and lightning hit the sky, causing Jen to whimper loudly. This isn't the worst flashback he's experienced her having but it's definitely not the easiest one he's experienced her having. He hates when she has a flashback because he can't do anything except hold her and help her find her way back to reality. "Jen, it's okay, you're there anymore, you're here with me." Jethro speaks to her in a soothing tone.

Then he hears a gasp.

The sign that her flashback's over.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay, I'm here." Jethro says quickly, crushing her gently to his chest.

"I had another one, didn't I?" Jenny asks, her voice quietly. Jethro rubs her back,

"Yeah, you did, Jen." He answers. Jenny sighs softly.

"Why don't you take a nap and I'll wake you up for dinner?" Even though he poses it as a question, they both know it's not a question. Jenny nods and crawls off his lap and curls up on the couch and closes her eyes, falling asleep immediately. 

When Jen is asleep, Jethro gets to his feet, being mindful of the shattered glass and spilled bourbon, and drapes a blanket over her before walking to the kitchen, and grabbing a mop before returning back to the living room and clearing up the shattered glass and liquid.

Jethro watches as his redhead beauty sleeps on her couch, a semi-peaceful look on her face. He hopes she sleeps without any nightmares tonight, but he doubts it, he can always hope. He looks at the clock and decides to cook her some food. She deserves a home cooked meal. 

Jenny is shaken awake by a hand on her shoulder, a voice speaking to her.

"Jen, wake up." The voice is Jethro.

"Jen, wake up." He says again. Jen moans and moves away from his hand, causing him to chuckle. "Come on, Jen, I've cooked you dinner." At that, Jen's green eyes open, landing on Jethro's handsome face.

"Hi." He says, helping her sit up. She gives him a smile.

"Hi." She responds softly, giving him a gentle kiss on his cheek. The storm is still going on outside. The smell of food fills the air, causing her to smile. He cooked for her?

"Jethro, you didn't need to cook for me." The Director says as she walks into the kitchen to see her table covered in lit candles and a meal of pasta and garlic bread pizza with bourbon. She turns around and sees Jethro leaning against the door frame, smirking.

"Jethro!" she exclaims.

"You like it?" Her coffee addicted agent asks as he comes to stand beside her, looking at her.

"I love it, Jethro, it's perfect, thank you." The redhead says as she takes a seat at her table, cocking her head in Jethro's direction.

"You're eating this too." she comments before taking a forkful of pasta into her mouth. She watches as Jethro smiles and joins her at the table.

After the two of them finish the meal Jethro made, they go into the living room and sit on the couch, watching a movie. "Thank you for today, Jethro." Jen says as she curls into his side. A kiss is pressed onto her hair.

"You're welcome." he says softly, Jen lifts her head and presses her lips to Jethro's who kisses her back.

The kiss doesn't last long, maybe a few seconds, and they pull away from each other, looking in each other's eyes.

"Jen, I love you, and spending today with you has reminded me what I was missing." Jethro says, Jen sighs as she leans into him.

"I love you too, Jetho, thank you for helping me with my damned flashback." Jethro wraps his arm around her and kisses her temple.

"I'll always help you, Jen." Her lover says.

Jethro holds the love of his life in his arms, protecting her against everything.

"Go to sleep, Jen. I'll be right here all night." The agent tells the redhead who sighs into his shoulder.

"Promise?" She whispers, he can detect the fear in her voice.

"I promise." He feels Jen nod and her breathing evens out.

With his redheaded beauty wrapped securely in his arms safe and sound, Jethro falls into a peaceful sleep.

A\N: Okay this isn't a drabble per say but it's a JIBBS oneshot nonetheless, enjoy Angels.