1. the new intern (revised)

He stares at the nondescriptive building that he is looking at. There is nothing in front that indicates this is a police department. Instead, a bronze plate only has the name and address on it. He swore the sign was moving on its own. When he first looked at it was on the right. But, when he walks up to it, the plate is on the left. Also, there is this odd chill that he cannot explain as he approaches the building. But this is not the wear a sweater to keep you warm kind of chill. This kind of cold seeps right into your bones and goes straight to your very soul.

So this is the infamous dept. That everyone respects and admires. Why do people appreciate it? Because it's the one place that no one wants to go to. Why the admirations? Because no rookie or intern survives it. Every single one comes fleeting back to central headquarters. There is a saying among his peers to send me to avici but don't assign me to SID. So SID is also called the Special Inferno Dept. unofficially.

He doesn't care about the rumors that surround SID. Also, as they say, hearsay will be just hearsay. But there is a persistent rumor among the central headquarters staff that the deputy chief nephew is dating a zombie. He doesn't remember the nephew's name. But he is famous for being the only intern SID ever accepted. So he is determined to be that rookie. The rookie will last more than a week.

He pushes the door open and walks into a wall.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chu shuzhi has a headache the moment he gets to work. Also, his right eye keeps twitching. The headache keeps leveling up. Walking in, he saw a shredded snake skin on the floor. The phone keeps on ringing, and there is one answering it. He sweeps the precinct for wang zheng. Then he walks to the library, thinking she might be there. She is not there. He also noticed that sang zan was missing.

Then he heard a crash coming from the kitchen.

'now what.'

The moment he walked in and saw what the commotions were about. he saw a guilty-looking da qing and lin jing. He looked down the moment when he smelled a very familiar smell. He closes his eyes and tells himself.

'thou shall not kill.'

He tells the mutt and moggy to clean up the mess or suffer the consequences. He gives them a smile that indicates they are dead meat.

Now he is hugging his chengcheng and mourning for his bottle of Kweichow Moutai.

"those two broke my bottle of moutai."

••••••••••••••••••

Promptly he fell onto his arse. Shit, that hurts. Where did the freakin wall come from?

"who are you?"

'Wait, the wall can talk.'

From his point of view, he can see a pair of boots worn out and scruff up. Then he saw a stern-faced man looking down at him. He can feel the man's questioning look. Finally, he gets up and hands the man his letter with a bow.

The man snatches the letter from him. He crumbles it up and throws it aside without looking at it. The man looked highly displeased the moment he saw the letter.

"are you from the central headquarters?"

"yes"

"Tsk, another one. How many are they going to send?"

The look the man gives him is akin to looking at a rat. Something that is filthy and needs to die.

"leave."

"but sir i am here to report for duty."

The man grits his teeth and turns around, and pushes his shoulder.