Chapter two

Things go back to normal quickly. They don't talk about Krish's little temper tantrum.

"Do you want to kiss me?"

"No, Krish, I'm occupied."

When he's watching his favorite drama.

"Wanna kiss?"

"No."

But they're cuddling, right on the living room couch, and Max walks in and doesn't bat an eye.

"D Y W K M?"

"Are you speaking in code now?"

He realizes he never said no hours later, when Krish hugs him goodnight.

"Do you want to kiss?"

And then, because it's three in the morning and Jean is apparently out of his mind.

"What about Max?"

Krish blinks, clearly not expecting the answer. "What about Max?"

"You know what about Max," he hisses.

"He's my brother, but I'm an adult, Jean. He knows I can make my own decisions."

"Yeah. Im very well aware that you're an adult, Krish. That is the root of my fucking problems ."

Krish's lips tip up. "Now we're getting somewhere. It's okay to admit you want me too, Gergis."

It takes all of Jean's willpower to peel himself off the couch, moving towards his bedroom like a robot. "Im tired. Goodnight."

He barely sleeps.

"Do you wanna kiss me?" Krish asks, voice a low rumble in his ear over the overwhelming noise of whatever shitty club they're in for his girlfriend Anet and her best friend Salem's employment celebration.

He shouldn't even be dancing with Krish, his girlfriend was here, but considering the way she was downing shot glasses with her friends Jean doubt she would notice.

" Krish," he warns, even though he's pressed up against him chest to chest.

"I asked you a question," Krish growls.

Jean is afraid the hum of alcohol in his system is going to make him do something he regrets, so he spins around, pressing his back to Krish's front so he doesn't have to look him in the eye.

"I really don't think Max cares, by the way." Krish snaps his chips in half, feet kicked up onto the table, legs crossed at the ankle.