Chapter 3

"Claire Vans," the knock on the door intensified. "Those scoundrels."
The door of the van opened. A voice clad in hues of the forbidden world, as dark as possible, grunted to let the intruders know of his dissatisfaction.
"What do you want?" he whispered softly, so much for the contrast.
"We're here for Claire."
"Claire?Hmm, let me think. Come to think of it, is it the chick I broke up with last time?"
The outliers' faces could not be seen due to poor lighting arrangement, but their unhappiness could be felt through their body language.

Cutting through the tight atmosphere, said the lead spokesperson, "Sir, Boss is gonna be so pissed."

"Oh no, she's not worth that much. Let me tell you a secret, she's just a bastard of the Vans family. The old man was impotent, so he kept her under his shoes. He has no feelings towards the woman, huh. Waste of time! "

The mediator stood there silently, as if calculating the situation.

"Oh, and please tell my father that I have a new plan ready. But I'm too broke to lure her through my net, you understand,right?"

The other conversant scoffed as he replied, "I got it. I'll convey it to him properly."

When the footsteps could no longer be heard, Arden switched his phone on. He stared at his lockscreen.

A sigh escaped him as he watched his grip loosen, letting the phone fall onto his chest.
"How do I continue with this filthy life? I'm disgusted," he whispered to himself.