Chapter 3

Authors note: this is not exactly how he learns to skate but do I care? No not really.

"The pancake"

___________________________________

Y/N POV

"I'm sorry what now?" Logan says. "Yeah what he said." Nick adds on. "Cmon it would be good for the team please." I'm trying to persuade him. "Fine." He agrees. Nick just walks away. I don't know what's wrong with him whatever I'll talk to him later right now we gotta teach cookies over here. Logan puts his hockey gear back on and while he does I just sit there and watch I know weird but there's just something that I feel I don't know what it is it's just a weird feeling. I helped him put on his gloves and then I got ready. I went out on the ice waiting for Logan and Coach B. Coach B was holding Logan and helping him get onto the ice. Then he started moving with Logan and talking to him trying to distract I guess. Then he let go of Logans hands and he was skating. Not gonna lie I was surprised. "I'm doing it!" He says. But he was getting extremely close to me. "Wait how do I stop!?" He yells. The boom he crashes into me. "That's one way to do it." Coach laughs. Logan helps me up and apologizes. "Sorryyyy!" He says. "You're good." I reply. Then we help him with a technique. He learns to scoop and by that we mean scoop and flip the pancake! Aka the puck. Since Logan is so good at making pancakes we just have him to that but with the puck. This will really help us with the game on Saturday. Wow my first game well we practice every day so I will at least be caught up. When we're done we go back to the changing room. We just sit there for a bit while I scroll through TikTok. Then I remember about Nick. "Hey I'm gonna go walk around for a bit okay?" I say. "Yeah I'll wait for you." Logan replies. I find Nick talking with some girl probably 20 or something. "Hey nick?" I say. "Oh hey y/n." He says with a gloomy reply. "You good you seem a bit down?"
"Yeah I'm fine." The girl he was talking to walks away. "Cmon you can't hind from me." I say laughing. He laughs a little to then he's a bit quiet. "Well, I was actually decent at hockey and Logan wasn't and Logan has the Looks that I want but I was better at him in something just one thing and then boom you and coach B teach him how to play hockey.." I just say they're listening to him vent. It's only my first day and someone's already giving me full trust of there secrets surprising really. "Logan doesn't have everything you probably have better grades!" I say happily. "I have a D in ELA.." he replies looking at me grumpily. "Oh you honestly don't look
Like a person to get bad grades. But, does Owen have your cute nose." I boop his nose. Why did I do that. He smiles. "Yeah but he gets all the girls, and now he's good at hockey so he's gonna get even more girl!" I'm just sitting there not knowing what to say. I'm not good with this type of stuff unless I'm really close with the person. I hug him. Cause that's the only thing I know how to do make people uncomfortable. But instead of making him uncomfortable he hugs me back. "Thanks y/n." He says then he gets up and walks away. I'm confused but I guess I did something? Then someone sneaks up behind me and Hug me. "AHH!" I yell. "Sorry!" Logan replies. "Don't do that!" I hit his arm. "Ouch don't gotta be rude!" "Sorry." "It's cool."
"You ready to get out of here?" He questions. "Yeah, hey can I hang out at your place for a bit?" I say getting up. "Sure plus you can meet my dad."

Once we arrive at Logan's house I place my hockey bag by the front door and follow Logan upstairs. Wow his room is so cool he has so much expensive hockey gear and other stuff. "For someone who can't play hockey you sure do have a lot of it in your room." I laugh. "Well since my parents are divorced they just spoil me." He says. "Oh I'm sorry Logan I didn't know." "You're good my mom cheating on my dad anyways." I'm just sitting there I feel so bad for him I guess Nick was wrong about Logan being perfect. I hug him. I don't know what it is with hugging people today Nick and now Logan dang.
He hugs me back really really tight. "You're gonna kill me you idiot." I say trying to breathe. "Haha sorry." He says letting go. He cheeks are pink again. I mess up his hair then lay on his bed and scroll through TikTok. He lays next to me. I could tell he was looking at me but I just ignored it. He scoots closer to watch the TikTok's with me and I would say we're about less than an inch apart now.
It was cold in the room so I scoot underneath the covers. "Haha what are you doing?" He asks. "Shut up it's hard to get under when you're on top!" I say but then instantly regret. He clears his throat and laughs. "Well don't be dirty minded! And get off the blanket for a second!!" I yell. He gets off and then gets under with me. He lays his head against mine and closes his eyes. I guess he gonna fall asleep. I wonder what time it is anyways? I check the clock and it's about 8pm so I texted my mom and asked if I could stay the night of course she was hesitant but she let me stay since it was late. So I decided to put my phone up and go to sleep.

Time skip morning-

I wake up in Logan's arms for some reason me and him have been extra close. I start to get up so I can go home and get ready for school but he grabs me and makes me stay in bed. "Please don't leave." He whines. "We have school you need to get ready to." "I don't wanna I wanna stay in bed with you." He pulls me close. Now my face is hot I don't know why I don't like him well at least I don't think I do. He digs his face into my neck. I'm about as red as a tomato now. "Q-quit it I have to go." I manage to get out. I pull my self away for him and get off the bed. He gets up too. "Sorry." He says. His eyes are puffy and red same with his nose. "Hey I think you're sick." I say. "No this happens every morning it's allergies." "Okay. I'm leaving now I'll see you in a bit okay?" I tell him. "Yeah In a bit." He replies. I rush home and get ready. Once I'm done I have to get in my moms car since I missed the bus with all the Logan stuff.
When I'm at school I see Logan splashing water on his face near the water fountain. "Hey what's wrong?" I say walking up to him. His eyes are still red and his nose is running. "Nothing and I'm sorry for being so clingy this morning." He say's clearly lying about not being okay. "It's okay but I think you should go home your face is puffy." "Im fi-" he gets cut off. "Omg Logan are you okay!?" A snobby voice says. It's Emily. "What happened last night?" She questions. He smirks. Don't say it I think.
"I cuddled with Y/N." Oh. My. God. "Excuse me!?" Emily roars. She looks at me. My heads down trying to hide the redness in my face. I grab Logan hand and take him to the janitors closet since the door was open. "Dude why would you say that she's gonna kill me now!" I yell. "Why it's not like me and her are dating I like someone else." He giggles and smiles. Oh something is definitely wrong with him. "Cmere." I hug him. Then I take him to the nurse's office and he goes home. After school I stop by my house drop off everything and beg my mom and dad that I can see Logan. They let me but they said I had to do every chore when I get back from practice. When I get to Logan's I knock on his door. His dad answers. "Hi sir is logan here?" I ask. "Where else would he be he's sick." The man laughs. "He's upstairs kid." "Thank you Mr. Larue!" I dash upstairs. Logan's asleep. So I just sit on the end of the bed on my phone. I feel a soft whisper by my ear. "Hey.." Logan says. You can tell he almost lost his voice. "Hey, you okay?" I say turning my head to make eye contact with him. He nods. "Can you lay with me." I can barley hear him say it but I understand so I lay next to him. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" I ask. "Yeah.. can we watch homeward bound.." he replies. Homeward Bound my favorite movie. "Yeah I love that movie." I smile and grab the remote. He puts his arm around me. Again with this touchy lovey stuff he did this morning. I don't know if I like it or don't it's only my second day here and I don't wanna catch feelings or be in a relationship this soon. But I don't wanna scoot away that would be rude. "Which one the first one or the second one?" "Both." He whispers. I put it on and we watch it. Then I get a text. "Hey are you coming to practice I heard Logan was sick but are you coming or staying with him?" It was Evan. "Yeah I'm coming." I forgot about practice. "Hey I have to go to practice okay I'll see you in a bit k?" I say getting up. "Bye.." he says as I leave the door. Evan texts me again "So what's exactly wrong with Logan?" Evan asks? "I think he has a fever." I reply. "So I was thinking after the game on Saturday." Evan says. Lord if he asks me out I might punch a wall. "If you wanna go to an arcade or something?" He says. "Oh well it's really only been a two days since I came here but sure but can it just be as friends and if we do start liking each other in that way I wanna take it slow.." I reply. "Yeah I totally understand. You'll meet me there?" "Yeah" I say. When I'm at practice I do some drills then stay a little long for extra practice with Coach B and Alex. Evan is staring at me the entire time. And so is Sam but I thought Sam left. When I'm done I walk home. And I do the chores my parents told me to do.
Then I go to my room and climb out of my window. And In into his. Then I get a text from Sofi. "Hey your going on a date with Evan right." " well I don't want to call it a date but yeah." I reply. " oh well, I kinda like him but if you like him I'll get over him." She says. " I had no idea. I will cancel the date immediately I don't like him I swear." I say back. " thank you you're the best. XOXO." I call Evan. " hey, I don't think we should go on a date. We barely know each other and it's my second day here. I really don't wanna go on the date anyways I'm not into you sorry." "Oh well it's OK. I understand. Well, maybe another time." " sadly, I don't think there will be another time." I hang up. He's not my type like bro come on. Logan walks in. " where did you come from?!" he squeaks. " the window." I reply. " hey weird question what's your type?" He asks while sitting on the bed. " well, I was going to see if you were OK
But I guess you are?" I say sitting by him. " yeah I'm fine. Everything's OK but whats your type?" I don't know. Like I really don't know I know Evans not my type, so I guess not brunettes? "Uhh not brunettes?" He laughs. " well, my types is (your hair color). " cute" I say laughing. " I'm being serious." He says staring directly into my eyes.

——————
The story will continue