Idea Gone Wrong

I took a deep breath and placed the large ice cube into the Breakfast Machine. It consumed the cube. Dummy and Cashier came over. 

“Is that it? Are you done?” Cashier asked.

“Well, assuming the fact that we just walked over here, I’m pretty sure the answer is yes,” Dummy pointed out. I nodded.

“Turn it on,” Dummy said. I complied. 

Vrrrrrrr…BEEP, BEEP!

Whoosh!

A large-ish gray cube appeared.

“Ah, you see that?” Dummy pointed, “That’s the combination of all the endings. The world's core.”

“More like a snack core,” Cashier replied. 

The cube moved and I flinched. The snack core moves? 

“Huh? Where am I?” It spoke. 

“Oh, nevermind,” Dummy sighed, “That’s just a floating, talking cube.” 

“God,” the cube floated over toward us, “This place has sure seen better days.”

Both NPCs seemed surprised. I gave the cube a who-are-you stare. 

“Oh, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Cube, or Kyu for short,” Kyu explained, “My job is to go around and look for anomalies in universes.”

“Wait, you mean there are alternate universes?” Cashier asked.

“Well, more like ‘experiences', or games. Anyway, I couldn’t help but to notice how badly glitched out this world was.”

I nodded. It must be the cube that appears when you are updating a game. 

“By the way, what is this machine? I’m quite interested in it,” Kyu turned toward the breakfast machine. 

“It’s a breakfast machine,” Dummy answered.

“Yeah. We took physical representations of each ending and fed them into it,” Cashier explained.

“What?!” Kyu yelled loudly. My breath hitched. 

“Why would you do that?!” 

“So the world wouldn’t break. The endings needed to be together, right?” Cashier protested. 

“Well, yeah. That makes sense, but this world is a different case! There is so much data in those endings, which is probably the reason this world is corrupting in the first place! You’re going to get kicked out of the game!” My eyes widened. Kicked out…?

Cashier tilted its head, “Kick out? Nah. I don’t even know what that means.” Idiot.

“The game isn’t going to kick Player out.”

And immediately, as if on cue, I got kicked out of the game.