Choice

I sat up quickly, sweat rolling down my neck. That was…scary. I looked around, analyzing my surroundings. It looked normal enough…I glanced at the shelf where all the trophies for my endings were.

The shelf was empty.

No. No no no no no no. It can’t restart all of my progress. Please! I just want to go home!

I raced out of my room. I needed to get all these stupid endings agai-

“Hello.”

I froze, startled. It was Kyu. It smiled at me.

“Well, congratulations! This game is utterly screwed!” 

And I’m stuck in it.

“Not unless I can fix it. Now, you have two options,” Kyu explained, “One, delete all of your data so this game has freed up storage space, and two…save all your progress.”

My eyes widened. Delete my progress? But that will never let me go back to the Real World. I needed to keep it.

“Make your choice now.”

I stood firmly on the ground. My data needed to be saved in order for me to leave. 

Kyu sighed, “You really want to make things harder for me, huh? But it’s fine! This isn’t the first time I had to do this. I can’t exactly do it while you're here, though,” Kyu said. 

Wait.

Would she transport me into the Real World? Was it that easy? Will I finally be with my family? Would I get my memories back?

“I’ll send you into another game for now.”

Darn it. 

“I’ll just…initiate a placeholder ending. Yeah. See you on the other side, I guess,” Kyu shrugged. 

I took a deep breath. At least she’ll help me go back to the Real World.