Chapter 12

<Greg>

“Somebody help!” I didn’t know where to go. Elrich was in my arms, possibly bleeding to death all because of me and all I could think of in that moment was saving his life. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my mate died in my arms.

The moment I stepped through the hospital door, the first doctor that saw me, rushed to my arms. I immediately instructed him that he'd need to find the pack doctors, because humans won't be able to help with this. Elrich got wounded by a hybrid and that causes more damage than scratch from an alpha. He could die if they didn't hurry up and find the people with these expertise.

“Get Doctor Bowan!” The doctor said to one of the nurses and then a group came with a stretcher. I hesitated letting him take them at first, but I had to let go and once they finally took him away, I just stood there.

Ragnar clearly wasn't in the picture, I could feel his shame. We hurt our mate and the worst part was not even realizing it till we saw him lying there in a pool of his own blood. I knew exactly what came over me, I lost control. Our mate was in danger and we wanted to protect him, and instead we were the ones that hurt him. How would I be able to protect him from any danger, when I could be the one endangering him all along?

It didn't take long for me to hear numerous ambulances driving out. Someone probably found the bodies in the woods and they would all know it was me, but I didn't care about those fuckers I killed, they deserved it. All I cared about was Elrich and I wanted him to be okay.

Zack soon came into the hospital and he saw me. Confusion on his face at first as he sees the blood I'm covered in and then he rushed over to me. “Greg, what the heck happened?” He asked me. I didn't know how he found out about this, but now I just wanted to get away. I was a monster and I didn't want Elrich to be near a monster like me.

This is something I had to live with since the day I transitioned. There was a reason why the Altmans are so notorious. Not only are we the only werewolf species that could successfully change into the perfect werewolf-vampire hybrid, but also do we have the ultimate bloodlust. The killer instinct and urge to dominate from our werewolf sides, mixed with the bloodlust of our vampirism, is the ultimate price we pay. All it took was for me to snap and body would begin dropping in mere seconds and by the time I came to my senses, all I saw would be blood and body parts laying around. There was no controlling it. I didn't want Elrich to see it so soon, I never even wanted him to see this side of me, it was bound to happen.

I couldn't even look at myself right now, less could I even look Zack in the eye. I had to leave.

“Greg!” Zack grapped my collar. I didn't respond to him and he probably got very irritated. “Hey! I’m talking to you!”

I didn't want to lose my temper around him, especially not him, so I shoved him off me. He stumbled back and clenched his jaws as he gave me a narrower look.

“E-Elrich...” I managed to get a word out. “He's getting surgery...you need to check on him...” I said as I back up.

“Whay? Where the hell are you going?”

“Far away from him...” I then turned around and I stormed out. I took my shirt off and felt every limp in my body burning up as I leaped into the air and shifted. I landed, with no care about who saw me just do that and then I just began running. I kept running and running, and I didn't look back.