Chapter 2

Ross met Thomas at the door and immediately held out his hand for the keys. Opening the door, he let his friend go ahead and, slamming the door behind him, grabbed Thomas by the shoulders.- Well... admit it, what's wrong with you today? What kind of fly bit you?Thomas felt Ross's strong, warm hands rubbing his skin through the fabric of his jacket, sending goosebumps down his spine. And the hot breath of a friend almost burns the ear. Almost allowing himself to enjoy such actions on the part of Ross, Thomas quickly realized what he was doing and tried to free himself.- It's all right. Never mind. I'm just a little sick of my ordinary life. He muttered."What nonsense, mate. You have a pretty cool life. Even I sometimes, you know, how I envy you. Ross tightened his grip, not going to let go of his friend so easily and turned his head to look at him.Thomas's face was red from drinking, and his eyes were clouded. Ross's throat was suddenly dry. He swallowed and abruptly released his friend.- Oh, I'm sorry. Thomas almost fell. Ross woke up from a strange feeling and supported his friend. "Who knew you couldn't even stand on your feet." – After making sure that Thomas would not fall again, he went to the refrigerator and took out a bottle of mineral water. There was no point in following the formalities between them. They had known each other for too long. – So what's your problem? He took a sip of water and suddenly stared at his friend. – Damn it! Are you jealous that I have a girlfriend? Thomas's eyes flashed with what Ross thought was resentment. – Well, you give, dude. I can't believe it... You hurt my heart. It hurts so much. I'm about to die. Listen, I'm serious. – The guy grabbed his heart and, leaning against the wall, assumed the appearance of a seriously ill person. – The heart stops. I take my last breath. Come here, let me tell you the last words.In the old days, Thomas would quickly finish such a friend's performance. Because he knew that his jokes usually didn't end well. But today... maybe the alcohol he had drunk was still talking in him. The guy walked up to Ross and bent down. At the same moment, something rough licked his ear.- Jerk. Come on, finish your performance and get out of here. Thomas jumped up like an angry cat and started pushing Ross towards the exit. So far, one very important "thing" has not made itself felt around the world.- Dude, what are you doing? It was just a joke. Don't you understand jokes?- Your jokes are moronic. Thomas stopped and turned away.- I just wanted to save you from a sour face. Isn't it a friend's duty to help when needed? Ross came over and patted Thomas on the shoulder. – It helped you, you must admit. Your face doesn't look like a lemon anymore. I saw it. Well, dude, so what do you say, we have peace?- Peace, - Thomas answered weakly, trying to suppress this damn thing that woke up at the wrong time.- Wonderful. Then I can finally tell you why I came.- Didn't you just drop by to see me, as usual? – Thomas did not mention that a friend had come, perhaps, to share the first details of his date. He had had enough of talking about his friend's girlfriends for today. Although it is impossible not to admit that such an idea was useful at the moment. He was finally able to calm his thing down.- This weekend we had a chance to stay at the Hale Hotel. This place hardly breathes money. Remember how many times we tried to get there this year. It would be stupid to miss such a chance, wouldn't you agree? Just two tickets. We'll both be able to go there."What about Jess?"- Oh, Jess. Ross scratched his head awkwardly. "Damn, I completely forgot about her. Well, maybe she'll have other plans for the weekend. I don't know. – Thomas looked at the stupid look of his friend and did not understand at all why he once fell in love with this man. As a matter of fact, I could not remember the day when it happened. They were just best friends. Nothing else. We met at the university, and later got a job together. Just at one moment inside him, as if some kind of short circuit had occurred and now his body and his heart seemed to start reacting to every touch of Ross, his laughter and smile. It can't be said that Thomas has ever had problems with girls at all. With his appearance, he could start dating any member of the opposite sex. Light green eyes, brown hair and tall stature with his toned body, it was enough to be a loner for sure never to be. And once upon a time, Thomas was going to start dating someone seriously. To acquire financial independence and be sure to fulfill this desire later. Who knew then that he could wallow in his best friend with his head."Listen," Ross finally said after some thought. – Let me talk to Jess, and then I'll tell you exactly whether we're going on the weekend or not.- OK. Thomas shrugged, knowing full well that if anything happens, he will then find an excuse not to go anywhere.- Then I'll see you at work. Ross headed for the exit. Thomas waited until the front door slammed and sighed with relief, went to bed.