Chapter Twelve

Shawn sighed quietly as he waited in the therapist's office on the couch nearby. It was Thursday, and he had taken the time to drive himself to the appointment; Leo was resting from his long night at the bar and was preparing for his night shift that night as well. He had tried to back out of meeting with this woman, especially after the incident that had happened with Elijah. He could vividly remember the boy bringing up what he had done to Victor. He could also remember screaming at him in his anger, though he had dared not raise a hand to him. It had helped to have Leo's warm fingers encircling his wrist as he ordered him out of the building.

"Shawn."

His eyes flickered up as his name was called, and he stood. His body felt stiff; he had hardly slept in his bed the previous night with the knowledge that his appointment was upcoming. Leo had stated that he wished Shawn would stay with him for the night since he was upset, but he had refused. While Leo would have been at work, he did not want to remain in his house alone. Part of him had debated offering Leo to stay with him, but that hardly seemed right. He had not allowed anyone else to stay in his house since Victor had left.

"Hello," the woman, Jessie, spoke as he entered her office.
"Take a seat, Shawn." She motioned to the couch, and he stared at it for a moment before doing so slowly.

"Hi." He mumbled out, trying to remember what Leo had been instructing him to do on a daily basis. Be polite, even when it was difficult to do so. That was something Leo seemed to be good at, and Shawn lacked such decencies. It felt like a pain to always be polite to people, but he was making an effort.

"How are you feeling today?" The question was polite, and he bit back a snort as he leaned on the arm of the couch. At least that was an easy question for him to answer.

"Tired." He grunted, and she gave a sympathetic smile.
"I couldn't sleep easy." He added, trying to remember what Leo had told him. This would not work if he was not open and tried to accept it. Besides, this had been his idea.

He could distinctly remember the text he had received from Leo that morning, despite the male having been exhausted from work.

'Good luck. Let it work, Shawn, and do not fight the woman. Do your best, and I will have a treat ready for you if you do.'

Part of him had been salty over how the male spoke as if he were an animal, offering him a treat if he behaved. That was the stubborn part of him. Yet that one part of him had been excited over what Leo might have for him. Part of him wondered if it was something sexual or if it were something else. His mind drifted back to the least of possible rewards Leo had offered to him in their contract.

Rewards for Shawn:

1. Treat Surprise

2. Praise

3. Free Day where the sub decides everything

4. Physical pleasure

5. Trip to the store

6. Quiet, at home day

7. Affection

8. Submissive's choice (within reason)

9. Sticker on 'Good Toy' chart

10. Rewards are liable to change with the sub's preferences

He could not deny that some of the options were appealing. He particularly liked the idea of receiving praise and affection, especially when Leo was so good at it. The free day also sounded appealing. Or perhaps Leo had been literal, intending his first option of having a treat surprise.