|| Part One ||

"And remember, once again, that the Floating Black Market is full of thieves and pirates. Be quiet, don't disconnect, don't survey, don't accost and most of all, don't trust anyone," Kaiko whispered emphatically.

Ant waved his hand.

"I know, Mom. But why do you say this things? I always do that!"

"If you'd always done that, half of our adventures here wouldn't have happened at all," Fontaine hissed.

"Maybe. Or maybe not." The boy smiled.

The girl rolled her eyes.

"You're becoming just like Nereus," she whispered.

"Just as mysterious?" he asked hopefully.

"Just as annoying. No, wait. You're always like that."

"Kids, not now," Kaiko interrupted, bringing them back to reality. "I'm not saying this only to you. Kathryn and Jacques are here for the first time. They should know it too."

Everyone turned to the oldest generation of Nekton.

"Relax, we're not going to separate," Grandpa assured, and Grandma nodded in agreement.

"That's good," Will smiled.

"Of course it's good!" exclaimed Ant. "I mean, not that the rescue isn't exciting, but twice a month is a bit too much."

"Ant," Fontaine hissed. "What did you not understand in the sentence 'you must keep quiet'?"

The boy didn't answer. He only stuck out his tongue, to which his sister replied with a distinct groan. Maybe a little louder than she should have, but by the time she realized it was too late. Fortunately, this didn't catch the attention of anyone else than their parents.

"Focus, please," Will began, placing his hands on his children's shoulders. "Do you know what to do?

"Infiltrate, spy, and if anyone disturbs us, hit him from Jorange!" Ant announced enthusiastically, making movements worthy of an amateur ninja.

Fontaine rolled her eyes.

"Look for spare parts booths and let you know if we find anything," she replied calmly.

The youngest Nekton smiled awkwardly.

"Obviously, that's what I meant to say."

"You're lucky Ant," Fontaine snorted, "that there is at least one juvenile in our family who can not only talk, but also listen."

"Did you mean you'd have everything under control?" Her father glared at her slightly.

The girl scratched her nape.

"Exactly."

"Great. You, Ant, Grandma and Grandpa, check the piers to the south. Mom and I will take the north. Be careful, please," Will pointed out.

Fontaine nodded solemnly while Ant merely snorted.

"I always do! Even Jeffrey can confirm that. Right, Jeffrey?" He turned his head, hoping to see the animal floating in Jorange, hanging on his back.

He failed. Meanwhile, his sister could perfectly see the consternation on the fish's face.

"Unfortunately, he doesn't confirm. And if even your Jeffrey doesn't agree with you, there must be something to it." She shook her head, showing her irritation. Then she just sighed softly and tugged at her brother's sleeve, "Okay, come on. The sooner we find that gear for the reducer, the sooner we can get out of here," she grumbled.

"Oh, and since when are you in such a hurry? Don't you want to meet Finn?"

"Who's Finn?" Grandma asked cautiously.