The Banquet

Ranboo put on his best suit, ran a brush over his fluffy hair, and straightened his tie. He checked the time.

Shit.

Five minutes to get to the banquet. Ranboo took one last glance at his outfit in the mirror, then picked up his wallet, keys, and phone and strode out the door.

Out the front of his house, he was surprised to see a stretch limousine idling in his driveway. The green god had never said he was going to send a car.

Nevertheless, Ranboo walked over the limo, and after a curt nod from the driver inside, he got in.

.

.

At the banquet

.

.

Ranboo stepped out of the limo after tipping the driver, and walked up to the grand front doors of Dream's house. He was still confused as to why the green god had invited him to a banquet in the first place, but he was willing to accept it as a sign of forgiveness for the argument they had had.

Opening the doors, Ranboo was greeted by a butler in a white dress shirt with red sleeves, who offered to take Ranboo's coat for him. Ranboo politely declined, and continued on into the house.

He walked into the dining room. People Ranboo had never seen before were taking their seats at the long table in the middle of the room. Ranboo saw his name on a little card at one of the place settings. He walked over and took his seat too.

Ranboo spotted Dream sitting at the head of the table, wearing a dark green suede tuxedo. The green god stood up from the table, and clinked a fork against his champagne glass. The guests fell silent.

"I would like to make a toast to my dear friend Ranboo, the reason for this banquet", Dream's voice rang out in the silence.

The guests exchanged private little smiles, and laughed quietly. That's weird, Ranboo thought.

Dream sat down and the waiter from before walked around with a platter passing out glasses of champagne to everyone. He let everyone pick their own glass, but when he got to Ranboo, he picked a certain glass off the platter and handed it to Ranboo.

"I think you'll like this flavor of champagne better", the waiter said, smiling.

Ranboo was somewhat suspicious at this point, but he smiled and took the glass.

"Thank You very much, I'm sure I will", he said smoothly.

The cooks brought out dishes, and everybody began to eat. Dream and some of the people next to him kept on proposing toasts, and the amount of liquid in Ranboo's glass got smaller and smaller as he drank to each toast.

He started to feel dizzy, maybe because of a lack of fresh air, so he excused himself from the table, missing the sly smiles the guests gave each other after he was gone.

Ranboo walked out the double glass doors to the balcony, where he leaned on the railing and tried to regain his sense of balance. Ranboo was very tall, so the railing only went up to his mid thigh.

Suddenly, the man felt incredibly dizzy. He tried to take a deep breath of air, but it didn't help. The edges of his vision started to go dark, then his whole body toppled over the railing and fell to the ground two storeys below.

A sickening thud was heard as his body hit the hard packed dirt.

.

.

Inside the house

.

.

"Did it work?",a guest asked, looking nervously at the doors outside which Ranboo had disappeared.

"Yes.", the green god smiled, "it all worked perfectly. Get this washed out thoroughly please, it's dangerous." he said, gesturing towards the white residue in the bottom of Ranboo's champagne glass.

A/N

Please vote! it means so much and really gives me the motivation to continue writing!