𝟎𝟖𝟎, karma's a bitch!

CHAPTER EIGHTY !

CHAPTER EIGHTY !

The saviours had attacked the hilltop, but thankfully everyone was prepared for it. they lost only a couple people, but not anybody that estella was close to, or knew properly. tara had been shot with an arrow, but she was going to live. unfortunately, negan didn't show up to the attack, so he was still alive. simon got away. a lot of saviours died, but still not all of them were on death's door.

rick and michonne turned up just before the attack, which estella knew completely that carl had passed away, then. it was real life. she wasn't going to wake up from the horrible dream, he was never coming back. she'd have to learn to live with that.

estella was currently sat on the bonnet of a car, louise and ruby sat at each side of her. all three of them had apples in their hands as they ate. estella didn't really have an appetite, though, so she was just nibbling on hers.

"hey, you shouldn't be out here." daryl said to tara as she got out of a car that had just pulled up.

"oh, it's just a scratch. i can help." tara said, rubbing her arm.

"what if it wasn't?" daryl asked.

"then it'd be my own damn fault. he's back with them because of me." tara replied.

"no, he's back with 'em 'cause that's who he is." daryl answered.

"we got lucky. finding maggie, rick. it could've been different, it was for me, when i was with the governor." tara shrugged.

"yeah, but you weren't one of them." estella said, from the car.

"who's the governor?" ruby asked, taking a large bite of the apple.

"a prick." estella replied.

"hey, langauge!" daryl scolded, before turning back to tara. ruby and louise erupted in a fit of giggles at the telling off.

"but i was with them. your brother, too." tara said.

"my brother?" daryl started, "my brother ran the wrong way his entire life. if he were here, if i stuck with him when he left, we'd be with the saviours, too. or some other group just like 'em. but i'd have figured out who they were, just like you did."

"maybe that's what happened to dwight." tara said back.

"is that before or after he killed your girl?" daryl asked, making louise shoot her eyebrows up at estella who gawked at their argument. it was like watching tv. "or is that all square now?"