CHAPTER ONE

LONDON'S POINT OF VIEW

"And that's how you stitch up a wound" I said to the interns I was training in my hospital before excusing myself. As much as I loved my job it was sometimes very stressful to be called in the middle of the night to reconstruct somebody's face. Meet me, London Cesare, 27-year-old plastic surgeon with a pathetic love life. Sometimes I wondered whether I was cursed to stay single forever because all of my relationships never lasted. My best friend Leslie said that the boys I date are blind because she said, and I quote "I'd date you if I was a lesbian". I grew up in France with my Latin mother and French father. I moved to Manchester to oversee the opening of my new hospital. I had several hospitals all over the world and it mainly focused on plastic surgery but we had other units. I got criticized a lot because I was a plastic surgeon, a lot of times they would say that I had implants and that I shouldn't perform surgery on people who wanted implants, but the truth was that my body is as a result of my Latina mom who had a huge ass and huge boobs. Funny story, when I was sixteen, I threw a pool party and invited my boyfriend. He told me he was waiting for me in the house, and I went in to meet him and to my surprise I found him hitting on my mom and we broke up immediately and I had to call off the party. Right now, I was drinking my sugarless coffee going through my next surgery's details. It was about a guy who wanted to look like a cartoon character and was here to get it done.

After the surgery I headed home to sleep because I need all the rest I could get, tomorrow was going to be my day off. The moment I got home, I went to shower, had some noodles and went to bed.

**********

"uhhg" I groaned when my alarm clock woke me up, I stood up grabbed my robe and went to clean up and prepare for the day. As I was doing the dishes my cell phone rang and it was the hospital calling.

"Morning Dr. Cesare" A Female voice said.

"morning" I replied.

"we're calling because a car accident happened and we need you to come in for a reconstruction surgery, I'm sorry I'm ruining your break but it's very urgent" she said and I sighed'

"Alright I'm coming" I said, hung up and went to get dressed.

When I got to the hospital, I immediately went through the patients file to get ready for the surgery.

NAME: IAN WALLACE

AGE: 28

OCCUPATION: PARIS SAINT GERMAN FOOTBALL CLUB PLAYER

CAUSE OF ACCIDENT: CAR ACCIDENT

DEFORMITY: BROKEN NOSE

TREATMENT: MINOR RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY

'So, he's a footballer' I thought to myself.

I got my protective gear on and went to the theatre; it was going to be a four-hour surgery and I needed to be prepared for anything. After the surgery I went to rest in my office.

TWO HOURS LATER

I was woken up by the smartwatch telling me to go check up on the footballer since he should have woken up. I stood up grabbed my coat and put in on my uniform. On my way to the VIP room, he was in because he was a rich footballer, I overheard some nurses gossiping.

"Brenda the guy in the VIP is so hot" I heard a nurse say.

"And off limits" I cut in their discussion.

"Sorry Ms. Cesare" they apologized.

"Ladies, it's a policy in my hospital not to date patients when they're admitted here" I said.

"we're so sorry ma'am" one of them said.

"Get back to work" I said dismissing them and continued walking. When I entered the room, I was surprised to see him yelling at the nurse in the room while his friend I think was scrolling on his phone.

"Sorry please excuse us" I said, and the nurse practically ran out of the room.

"Who the fuck are you" he yelled at me.

"Stop yelling and cursing you're in a hospital" I said calmly maintaining a professional smile on my face.

"Fine who are you" he asked lowering his voice.

"I'm Dr. London Cesare" I introduced myself.

"Well could I speak with your boss" he asked.

"I'm the owner of the hospital and the doctor in charge of your case" I replied.

"Well for starters you don't have competent staff" he complained.

"You were yelling at the nurse, frightening her" I said to him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, when am I getting discharged" he asked.

"tomorrow" I replied going through his file.

"If you have any pain, you can tell the nurses" I said.

"You mean your incompetent staff" he said with his British accent becoming more noticeable.

"My staffs are not your servants, so you have to ask them nicely" I said to him in an annoyed tone.

"Wow sexy no need to get worked up" his friend said.

"I'm sorry who are you because I don't appreciate strangers intruding my personal space" I said in a snarky tone.

"Daniel Wilson" he said.

"what" I asked in confusion.

"You said you don't talk to strangers well now we know each other" he said smirking.

"Daniel shut the fuck up" Ian said.

"What she's hot, got perfect curves and her accent is fucking sexy" he said.

"I'm right here" I said in astonishment.

"I know" he replied amused.

"Your French right" Ian asked me.

"yeah" I replied.

"Explains the sexy accent" he said to Daniel, and I glared at them in irritation.

"Goodbye gentlemen" I said and stormed out of the room. I went to my office grabbed my things and left the hospital fuming about how manner less those guys are.

When I got home, I ordered pizza and went to take a shower. I sat down on the couch with my pizza and started eating while watching a movie. After my movie I threw away the leftover pizza, took out the thrash and went to bed.

____________________________

CHAPTER ONE OF PLASTIC HEARTS.

WORD COUNT: 1000 WORDS.

LOVE, MIDNIGHT.