𝟎𝟖𝟒, there is no us anymore!

CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR !

Estella was sat outside the sanctuary waiting for daryl, rick and the others to finish up whatever they were doing. she had been thinking a lot about what daryl had said to her, and about ken's death. in her head, she was trying to do what was best for everyone. apparently, though, nobody else saw it that way. she didn't mean to get ken killed. she only tried to help a defenceless animal that would be ripped open by walkers with no way to fight them off. it'd have no choice but to die alone.

what type of person would she be if she didn't even try? if it was a human chained up like that, left to walkers, would she be wrong to run after it and try to help it, or would she be a hero?

she had her knees pulled up to her chest, her boots on the same step that her entire body rested on. she ran her hands over her face tiredly. she hadn't spoken to daryl since he said all that to her. she didn't want to, either. she wanted him to apologise, but even then, it wouldn't make it right. he had said horrible things to her.

"come on, we're going in." michonne said, patting estella on the shoulder, making her hop up off the steps.

"what are we even doing here?" she sighed, walking with them.

"just checking how things are going." michonne shrugged.

"rick grimes is here!" someone said as they walked through the door.

"that's the man that ended the war." someone said.

that was actually me, but thanks. estella thought.

"is negan suffering? i hope he damn well is." one of the men said as they walked past.

"hello," eugene said, joining the groups side. "all was well in your absence other than a certain cabal of saviours slinging me some serious stink eye, but i've compiled a list of items that need your semi immediate attention."

"yeah, not now, man." daryl replied.

"i've checked out the supplies. it's a pretty good haul, you should let everyone know." a woman said to him.

"i ain't getting' up on a stage and givin' a damn speech like him. it's bad timin', we just lost somebody out there." daryl told her.

"daryl." michonne called him over. estella followed to where she was. "does this happen often?"

there was a sign on the wall that somebody had written in paint, saying 'saviours save us. we are still negan.' estella didn't know why they were all shocked at something like that written on the wall. they were making nice with a bunch of assholes that once tried to kill everybody for negan. a lot of them looked up to him like he was a god. there was no way all of them hated him.