Friends and bonds

Tails made it back to his workshop. He sat down his groceries and placed the case on his desk near a photo of Cosmo and him.
Tails looked at the photo very somberly touching it.

Tails cried, he knows that she is gone. He will never see her again. He was the one who took the shot. It was to save the universe but it came at a great price. Tails blamed Sonic for not saving her. But Tails knew that was not Sonic's fault. He was grief stricken and did not know how to cope with it.

Tails: Cosmo, I wish you were still here with me. I'm sorry, I shot you. I know it was for the universe but, I can not forgive myself for what I did.

Then, Tails heard a knock on his door. He went out to go and open it. In the opening was Cream the Rabbit carrying a bag.

Cream: Hi, Tails. I stopped by to see how you were doing.  I brought food that me and my mother made.

Tails smiled, he had not seen his friends in a while. The final battle effected everyone and they were dealing with it in their own way.

Tails let Cream in and Cream set the food on the table. Cream and Tails sat at the table ready to eat the food.Tails opens up a box with mini-chocolate donuts. And another box filled with mint candy.

Cream was happy walking around and then stopped to see Cosmo's picture. She looked at it sadly, Tails remembered that Cosmo was like a big sister to her. Cream was greatly hurt by Cosmo's loss too.

She fixed her face and sat on the table across from Tails.

Cream: Tails, how you been doing for these past months. The Chaotix have been visiting me and mother. I have not heard from Amy, Knuckles or Sonic as of late.

Tails: I have not heard from any body else. I have been mostly alone.

Cream with a worried look.

Cream : That's no good. You could call to talk about the stuff that happened.

Tails with a somber face and looked down not meeting her eyes.

Tails: Cream, I just do not feel like talking to anyone. I have not felt like myself lately. I do not have the motivation to do anything. I do not feel like working on machines.

Tails looked down at the floor. He felt like there was a deep pit of sorrow from his heart. He understood the situation and what he had to do. However, it feels like something is missing in his soul.

Tails looked outside the window near the table.The winds were picking up blowing the trees outside wildly.

Tails : Look, Cream, it is going to storm soon. You should start heading home before it gets bad. Thank you, for the food I appreciate it.

Cream smiled and put her jacket on.

Cream: Of course , reach out to me whenever you need it.That's what friends are for.

Cream made her way out of the door.

Tails was tired so he went to his bed to take a nap. He jumped on it to sleep the pain away.

However, back in main room , the case of the phantom gem opened on its own and the gray gem glowed with a haunting gleam.