Picking

Taylor hadn't liked how hesitant Horror was being. Every meal that he brought to the starved skeleton, he had to coax into taking small bites before it became too much, and he would wolf down what remained with a guilty expression. It made sense, wherever Horror had come from, had no food. So whoever was left behind was starving while Taylor was here feeding Horror. He would have to bring in a specialist for this sort of thing. By the end of their first day, Taylor wasn't the least bit afraid of this "man eater." All evidence pointed to the exact opposite of what he'd been told, and Horror was just another patient in need of his care. "Alright. So we are most definitely putting you on a diet. I'm going to work on getting your bones stronger and replenishing your magic reserve. Healing magic will be mixed in to fill in the cracks in your bones. Once your physical health is restored, I would like to check your soul for long-term damage. Does that sound like a game plan?" Horror stared for a moment. His emotions were definitely mixed, making his expression unreadable. "...ok, doc..."

🦴🦴🦴

Dr. Sans was relieved to see Taylor that night and the next morning. "Hey, Sans, can we get a dietriton over here? And a therapist specializing in the field of famine." The request threw Sans off, and he was almost afraid to ask, "why?"
"I have a starved patient. Why else?" Taylor left with that, heading to said patient's room. "Heeeeey bones, how's my man?" Horror blinked at Taylor. "'m not yer man." Taylor's smile widened. "Well, you're certainly being more chatty, so I'll take it as a good sign!" Horror tilted his skull, giving Taylor a moment to see if there was any new damage. He frowned at the noticeable new cracked that beaded a red liquid. Blood? "Do you pick at it often?" Horror was caught of guard at the shift in mood. "huh?" Taylor pointed at his head. "Does it itch? I can get you something to make it stop." Horror gritted his teeth, looking away. "no. drop it." The skull was sensitive, got it. "..." Taylor sighed and smiled. He most certainly wasn't done with the subject, but he needed to lighten the mood. "So to cannibals are eating a clown. The first one looks over and asks, "Hey, does this taste funny to you?" Horror snorted and stared. "What, too soon?" Horror shook his head, chuckling.

🦴🦴🦴

Bandaging Horror's skull proved... difficult. Taylor figured it wouldn't be easy, but for being starved, he put up one hell of a fight. It was even harder since everyone seemed to be afraid of him. At this point in time, Horror was fighting to keep the sedative out of him so his skull couldn't be touched. Taylor didn't want to leave Horror in the dark about the goings on of his own body. So he thrashed and fought against Taylor, even going so far as to try and bite him. The end result was worth it as the sedative kicked in, and Taylor was able to wash off the cracks carefully, rub in a healing magic infused ointment, and wrap the wound so the cracks could heal properly. "Whew... you're strong bones..." Taylor certainly had to do some patching up of his own while he waited for Horror to wake back up. The rest would do him some good, though, so it wasn't like he was complaining a whole lot. Hopefully, Horror wouldn't hold a grudge against him.