Stayed

I've been sobbing hysterically the moment Sehun and I arrived at the Vet Hospital. We both immediately rushed to this place as soon as Sehun saw Sangchu unconscious under me. He was recklessly driving, not caring if he would be getting few demerits later whereupon I kept hugging the dog, hoping that he would still be fine.

Prayers filled my head when we arrived the hospital and instead of having good news from the veteran, we were given condolences.

'How? Why? This soon? Why?' These were the thoughts I kept questioning inside my head. Sangchu wasn't supposed to leave now. Sehun stated that he has still two weeks but how come this would happen so soon? The dog only spent three days outside so how come? Why this soon?

Everything was happening so fast and I can't keep up anymore. I felt my body wobbled and I reached for a wall to back me up. Not a few seconds later, Sehun was already by my side, hands wrapped around my shoulder to keep me standing still. I turned around to face him to wrap myself onto his arms, dampening his top with my tears.

"I also thought he would last more than a month when I did his checkup at the hospital back then." Sangchu's Veterinarian stated. After an hour of crying, the stated person approached us and had a talk about the passed dog.

"Then if he still had more days left, why did he suddenly pass away?" Sehun asked him with his usual tone but his eyes were sad and devastated.

"It was too late... He's a strong dog, that's for sure. He was supposed to die back when he's still at the hospital but according to you, when you told me that a lady was able to feed the dog, he became okay. He could pass this sickness but you still have to remember that he's already old. He won't be strong enough with his condition. Sangchu possibly passed away earlier than it should be but he's already happy. I've handled a lot of cases like this before and Sangchu could be the same. His owner left him from an accident, making him devastated and stubborn enough to take his therapies. And then, he was given love he wanted to feel again, even though it wasn't from his real owner. I'm sure that he left in good memories. You're a doctor, Sehun. You should know this too." The veteran explained and saw Sehun nodding at him.

"It does make a lot of sense." Sehun muttered and I just kept my head down.

"He's in a good place now. Be happy, for him." The veteran patted both of our shoulders as we bowed and thanked him before he went away.

"Soooo... You think Chuchu's with Kris oppa and Yoona eonnie now?" I broke a small bitter smile as I asked Sehun, trying to ease off the tension even just a bit.

Sehun craned his head towards me and gave me back a smile. "He should be."

Sangchu's burial was held on the next day. The dog was originally supposed to be buried among the pet memorial available but I asked and granted to have him be buried beside Kris oppa's grave. That might be the first time having a pet to be buried beside a human.

There were only few who attended the burial ceremony. As in literally. Maybe around ten, including Sehun and I. There were only some few hospital colleagues who know Sangchu most. Like Nurse Kyungsoo and the other Nurse resident I encountered the last time. Dr. Kim, which I suppose is the hospital's CEO also came and I felt pleased by their warm presence.

Hours passed and Sehun and I were left alone. We were filled with silence, comfortable silence as we relaxed with the fresh air enveloping us. I didn't mind staying like this for the rest of the day but I would like to try something different. Something that could help us free our mind better.

"Hey, do you want to go somewhere?" I asked Sehun, breaking the silence between us. He raised a brow at me as I stood up, patting some visible dirt from the grass before reaching out a hand towards Sehun. I saw him open his mouth, wanting to say or ask something but he closed it again and grabbed my hand, deciding to follow quietly.