Summer Heat

It was already past lunchtime and Kimhan cannot think straight. Like who would even have the energy? The weather is so hot, like fucking hot. It felt like hell, literally and the air conditioner in his studio is not helping at all. Kimhan hates the summer. He was never a fan of this season. But the irony of it is that Kimhan loves going to the beach.

He was staring at the blank paper in front of him; he was trying to write a new song. Kimhan decided to start writing songs for the album that he was trying to work on. And if it will succeed, it would be his first.

After he had that conversation with Kinn, Kimhan eventually decides to go back to his apartment unit. And to his surprise, he was able to sleep well. It was a total complete eight hours sleep without any interruption. It felt like his body and soul was renewed.

But something changed in him. Kimhan's senses became more sharpen. It felt like he became more sensitive to sounds that even the smallest droplet of water in his kitchen sink caught his attention. His ability to sense spirits and ghosts is not an exemption. He wanted to tell Kinn about this but Kimhan felt like his brother is somewhat keeping things from him.

He closed his eyes, massaging both of his temples. He wanted some ice cream to freshen up his mind but he is too lazy to go out. Kimhan groaned in agony. He wants to eat ice cream. He doesn't have any choice but to go out.

The scorching heat of the sun touched Kimhan's face as soon as he got out of his studio. Good thing he brought his umbrella with him, otherwise he will get sun burnt. He started to walk, not minding the people who recognizes him as Wik. He couldn't care less actually because the only thing that is on his mind right now is to get a pint of ice cream and eat to his heart's content.

It took him ten minutes before getting to the nearest convenience store in the area. The cold breeze from the air conditioner suddenly hit Kimhan's skin, giving him such a relief.

Then he noticed, the store was a bit crowded; not because of customers but because of spirits loitering inside. Kimhan just ignored it and tried his best not to get eye contact. He went directly to the chest freezer and started to choose what flavor of ice cream he will buy when suddenly someone bumped into him. Kimhan's face almost hit the glass cover of the freezer.

"Oh my, I'm sorry."

The voice is somewhat familiar. Kimhan turned around and there he met again those cute Bambi eyes that surely can make you feel different kinds of emotions. Or maybe, it is just Kimhan coz he finds him so adorable like a kitten.

"P'Wik?" Porchay blurted out while holding so many kinds of snacks that almost covered his face.

Porchay's schedule ended early today so he decided to go to the nearest convenience store from their shop. Originally, he was planning to try out new recipes for their shop. Unfortunately, his hia's boyfriend was there and they were all lovey-dovey inside the kitchen that Porchay almost set it on fire.

Kimhan just bowed; a kind gesture that acknowledges another person. Porchay actually cannot remember the rest of what happened before the event in their department. It was already over when he woke up inside the infirmary with Macau sleeping in a chair beside him. Porchay asked what happened and Macau said that he fainted because of the weather.

But something felt off. It felt like there is something missing inside of him; like there was a void that needs to be filled up. Since then, whenever Porchay sleeps, he always dreams of the same person.

"Are you okay?"

Why is P'Wik asking him if he's okay? Why does it feel like it's not the first time they have met?

It was too late when Kimhan realized what he had asked. Porchay looked at him while tilting his head all cute and fluttering his lashes with great confusion. Wik's voice is the same from the voice in his dream.

Or maybe it is just his imagination.

"I mean, the weather is too hot, you might faint again."

"What?"

"Yeah, you're welcome."

And with that, Kimhan did not even bother to buy some ice cream anymore. He dashes out of the store and his eyes met the bright sun.

"Wait!"

Porchay was literally running after Kimhan now. He was holding the latter's umbrella because he forgot it inside the store.

"P'Wik, you forgot your umbrella."

His voice, even when shouting, seems like a melody for Kimhan. And it's not a good thing, literally because Kimhan is too weak for that; not to mention Porchay's bambi eyes that sparkles under the sun right now.

"I said wait."

Then suddenly, a shock, almost like electricity, flowed to Kimhan's body when Porchay got to hold his hand. He was so surprised he abruptly moved back; a few meters away from Porchay.

"What did you do?" he asked Porchay, looking a bit irritated.

"Nothing! I just want to return your umbrella. You forgot it."

Porchay smiled at Kimhan. It was a genuine smile.

"And I just want to say thank you." Porchay said in a small voice; head a bit lowered and his eyes were peeking through his curly bangs.

"Now, you finally remember." Kimhan said while letting out a sigh of disbelief. Porchay noticed it and he pouted.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble that day."

Yes, Porchay is sorry. He just learned from his classmates that Wik was not able to perform all out that night because he did not feel well. And now that Wik just confirmed that it was all because of Porchay, it made him feel guiltier than before.

"You should not go near those kinds of spirits. They are dangerous."

"You can also see them?"

Curiosity sparks on Porchay's eyes; Kimhan regrets it.

"I think it's better not to talk here."

"Why?" Porchay asked like a kid and it was awfully cute that Kimhan felt so disgusted by himself because he is actually falling for those eyes.

"Just stop asking."

With that, Kimhan grabbed Porchay's hand and they started to walk towards the studio.