Prologue: The Last Hope

A.N: Hello, everyone! Welcome to my brand new Fortnite AU story! I've only been playing this game for about a year, but I LOVE it! 🤩🤩🤩

Back in December/January, I was inspired to write a story for this game. I ended up posting it over on AO3. I recently noticed all of the Fortnite fics here on Wattpad and decided to post it on here as well. So here we are! 🤗

Before we start, of course, there are some ground rules:

1. I don't own Fortnite or any of its characters. All rights go to Donald Mustard and Epic Games. I only own the backstories that I created for some of the characters.

2. While this story is heavily based on game lore and what happens in the games and comics, there are going to be parts of the story that are AU.

Alright, with those out of the way, enjoy the story! ^^

Xxx

Chapter 3 Season 1: Flipped

All seemed well on the island of Artemis. The sun was shining bright, there was a slight chill in the air and the whole landscape was covered in a fresh blanket of winter snow. It all felt very peaceful.

You couldn't even tell that there had been an apocalyptic alien invasion just weeks prior.

Not long after the organization known as The Seven flipped the island to the other side, life in general returned to normal for a lot of the residents living there. Homes were rebuilt, businesses opened their doors once again and it seemed that everyone was willing to put the past behind them with the hope of a more positive future.

...Well, almost everyone...

Xxx

Sanctuary

Down in the dark labs of the large base, a certain scientist was hard at work. He was rather tall and muscular in stature and was clad in black futuristic looking armor.

The Scientist's gaze periodically shifted between his notes and the readings that he had received from the seismographs. He had been working tirelessly through the night taking notes on seismic readings. About a week before, he had some reports come in regarding irregular seismic activity occurring all over the island, namely small tremors. As a member of The Seven, it was his sworn duty to protect the island and all of its inhabitants from any danger that threatened them. Therefore, he had to investigate. Over the course of a few days, he had several of their sentries place seismographs at numerous locations across the island to get readings from all areas. As the results came in, it had confirmed the theory that something peculiar was indeed occurring beneath the island's surface.

But today was different. He had stared at the current readings for any sign of seismic activity. So far, nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. The strange tremors that had occurred before had suddenly stopped.

The Scientist let out a tired sigh as he picked up the mug that contained his sixth cup of coffee for the day.

"What is going on here?" He asked himself, he briefly opened the visor on his helmet so that he could take a drink. He took a large gulp and instantly winced in disgust for the once hot beverage had now gone cold. After mustering down the miserable swallow, he closed his visor again and continued to work.