Chapter 1: New Island, New Problems

A.N: Hello, everyone! Welcome back to the story! :D

So, in the last chapter, we saw what was left of The Seven getting used to life on Artemis. In this chapter, we're going to see more of The Seven adapting and continuing their mission of bringing peace to Reality Zero. However, it may not be as easy as they expected. What will happen in this chapter? Find out now!

Xxx

Three Days Later:

"Come on! Where did I leave it?!"

A cacophony of bangs and slams echoed throughout the underground lab beneath Sanctuary. The Scientist let out an aggravated sigh as he walked around the room, opening and closing numerous cabinets in irritation.

The Seven's top intellectual had sequestered himself down in the dark dingy lab once again. Although the strange earthquakes had temporarily stopped, it didn't mean that he had to stop working. Scientist decided that while he waited for any sign of change, he would pass the time doing what he did best: inventing.

He previously had some ideas regarding new 'hardware' for The Seven that could prove useful if they were to ever go toe-to-toe with the Imagined Order again. However, he had been so preoccupied with helping Foundation plan 'The Flip' and then dealing with the sudden earthquakes on the island, that he never got around to it. But now, with the island seemingly at peace and the earthquakes dying down a bit, it was the perfect time to get started.

The Scientist closed the current drawer he was searching with a frustrated slam. "Oh, for the love of–! Where is that screwdriver?!" He ranted,

Scientist scoured the entire proximity of his workspace looking for the tool he so desperately needed. Since the cabinets and cupboards proved to be fruitless, he began digging through a red toolbox that rested on a small table next to his work station.

"I know I left it somewhere around here." He told himself,

After moving aside some of the other tools, A smile suddenly graced his face as he finally found his beloved work tool.

"Ah, there it is!" He exclaimed, he picked up the screwdriver and immediately returned to his work table.

The Scientist hummed a happy tune to himself whilst he used the screwdriver to secure the last few screws into place.

"Here we go. This little beauty's almost ready." He said,

Once the final screw was in, he smiled wide.

"There. It's finally done." He briefly lifted his visor to wipe the sweat from his forehead before proudly holding up his technological breakthrough. It had the appearance of a large mechanical glove; a gauntlet to be more exact. It was built from a sleek black metal similar to what the Scientist's armor was made out of with gray accents along the sides and the knuckles. It was rather bulky in size and had The Seven's signature symbol painted in white on the side, marking the weapon as the faction's own.

"Time to test it out." Scientist said to himself, he slipped the gauntlet onto his right hand, making sure it was securely fastened. He raised his hand and clenched it into a fist. The gauntlet began to glow blue as little sizzling sparks of electricity emitted from it.

The savant smirked behind his visor. "Sweet." He said,

Now all he needed was a target.

The Scientist turned towards some empty crates that were piled up on the other side of the room. Still smirking, he reeled back his fist to charge up the gauntlet even more. When he had built up enough charge, he thrusted his arm forward causing a powerful beam of electricity to shoot out. The beam struck the pile of crates, temporarily bathing the room in a blinding blue light.