More New Faces (07/29/1967)

"They all deserve pain, after forgetting what we've all done for them..."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh c'mon, you're really gonna just stand here and be forgotten, we're gonna get people to hear our voices!"

"But it was all in the past, just move o-"

"NO! IF THEY THINK THEY CAN JUST THROW US TO THE TRASH LIKE WE'RE NOTHING, THEN WE CAN DO JUST THE SAME TO THEM!!!"

"Oliver! Wake up!"

"Huh..."

"Get ready! We gotta take a very important passenger train today!!!"

Oliver: "W- what?! Who are we taking?!"

"We're taking some inspectors who are going to see whether the branch is safe or not!"

The sun had finished rising, and soon it was time for Oliver to pull another train again. Though he was very drowsy and unmotivated, like something was dragging his spirits, he just couldn't piece it together. He decided not to think much of it and just carry on. He reached Tidmouth where he found his coach Isabel, but he found another autocoach resting in the yard with her.

Oliver: "Erm, Isabel? Who is this?"

Isabel: "Oh, hello Oliver! I'd like you to meet Dulcie! These are some of my sisters back from the GWR! Sir Topham  Hatt brought her in as I obviously wouldn't be able to hold all the passengers by myself."

Oliver: "Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Dulcie!"

Dulice: "Oh yes it is! Nice to see more faces from the GWR and not rusting away in a filthy scrap siding!"

"...heh, you can say that again..." Oliver chuckled to himself.

Oliver's Driver: "Alright Oliver, the inspectors will be here soon, we just have to wait for some engines to pass by first!"

Oliver: "Alright driver!"

As Oliver and the coaches waited they began to chatter amongst themselves about the GWR, they were then interrupted by a loud whistle. At first they took no notice of it and continued to chatter. However, they then began to hear clanking and wheeshing. They looked back again and noticed a big red engine covered in soot and dust while they rolled through the station with a line of trucks. Oliver was taken aback by the engine's presence and examined his face; the engine looked very tired, and appeared to be groaning and coughing a lot.

"C'mon old boy, we're almost at Knapford, it won't be long until we're done with this delivery."

"Alright, driver lets just get this over with...", the engine said, grumbling.

Soon, the engine passed the station and continued to go down the mainline, still groaning and coughing. Oliver continued to look, his face showing an expression of pity and sorrow.

Oliver: "Poor engine, seems like he must've taken some bad coal. Hope he gets better soon."

Oliver's Driver: "Alright Oliver, the inspectors are here now!"

Oliver: "Really? Oh yes, now we can start!"

Oliver soon coupled to Isabel & Dulcie and made it to the platform at Tidmouth. He was bubbling with excitement, as this would mean the branch would then be fully open to the public.

Oliver: "Oh boy, oh boy! This is it! This is the day I-"

"Oh shut up, no need to fawn over your stupid little branch." A voice interrupted Oliver, he looked to his left and noticed a little green saddle tank engine roll up beside him with the number 6 on his sides. Oliver then realized he was one of the engines he saw talking to each other yesterday.