NEWFOUND FRIENDSHIP

It had been a few weeks since you had befriended Mizuki Akiyama. They started to warm up to you quicker than you had expected. You started to have lunch with them regularly which made a lot of your classmates curious or weirded out. They were all wondering how you could be friends with such a freak.

Many of your classmates questioned you, asking if you were being blackmailed or threatened by Mizuki. You clearly and obviously denied these claims and told people to 'piss off.'

Today you were on your way up to the rooftop with a bento box you made for yourself and another one for Mizuki. You felt bad seeing how little they ate sometimes that you ended up making extra for them.

As you walked up the stairs and neared the door, you heard Mizuki and another person's voice.

"Go away Kamishiro I'm waiting for someone right now..."
"Hm you're eating lunch with someone dear Akiyama? How curious!"

You gently opened the door to be met with an annoyed Mizuki arguing with a taller purple haired individual. It was mostly Mizuki looking very annoyed while the purple haired fellow looked more smug and curious then ever. You decided to take some steps closer to them to see if they'd notice your presence however they were both deep into their conversation. It was only after you cleared your throat that the two of them turned to you. Mizuki's face went bright red as they quickly went over to you, apologising for what had happened. The purple haired fella however hummed in amusement.

"Ah so you've been having lunch with the famous L/N how interesting!" He walked up to the two of you while Mizuki glared at him. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you personally L/N. I am Rui Kamishiro! I don't suspect that you know me very well since I am a second year but it's still a pleasure!"

You just smiled and nodded. Rui seemed pretty nice and charismatic, despite his initial teasing. You extended your hand, shaking his as you replied, "Nice to meet you, Rui. I've heard a bit about you from Mizuki. It's always good to put a face to a name."

Mizuki, still slightly flustered and annoyed, chimed in, "Yeah, Rui here is one of those people you can't avoid knowing at our school. He's kind of a legend, I guess."Rui chuckled, brushing off the compliment. "Oh, you're too kind, Akiyama. But let's not forget why I'm here. I couldn't help but be curious about the person who's been having lunch with you every day." 

You handed the spare bento box to Mizuki, who looked at you gratefully. "Well, I couldn't resist when I noticed Mizuki didn't eat much during lunch. I hope they'll enjoy it. Plus they've been so kind to me!"

Mizuki smiled warmly at you, and you could see a hint of gratitude in their eyes. Rui, on the other hand, seemed genuinely interested in your friendship. "It's not often someone takes the time to get to know Mizuki. You must be quite special." 

You felt your cheeks heat up a bit at the compliment. "I think Mizuki is special too. We just clicked, I guess."

Rui nodded thoughtfully. "Well, I won't keep you any longer. Enjoy your lunch, you two. Akiyama, we'll catch up later." With that, he strolled away, leaving you and Mizuki alone on the rooftop. As you both settled down for lunch, Mizuki let out a small sigh of relief. "I'm sorry about that, L/N. Rui can be a handful sometimes."

You shrugged, reassuring them, "No need to apologize. He seems interesting, and he was just curious. Besides, I'm used to people making assumptions about my friends. They did the same when I started hanging out with you."Mizuki's smile grew wider, and they scooted a bit closer. "Thanks for understanding. You're great, L/N."You grinned back, feeling lucky to have found such a wonderful friend in Mizuki. The two of you continued your lunch, chatting and laughing, as the rooftop became a place where your unique friendship could blossom without the judgment of your classmates.

Mizuki on the other hand saw this newfound friendship as something more than friends. They were also feeling a little aprehensive with the appearance of Rui. Perhaps they'd need to deal with that.