Chapter 1

"Wait, so... HARRY IS FREAKING RELATED TO THE STRONGEST PEOPLE WIZARDING WORLD HAD EVER SEEN?! DUDE, HOW MUCH MORE COULD YOU BE OVERPOWERED?!"

"NOT TO MENTION YOUR GREAT-GRANDMOTHER IS ABSOLUTELY HOT AND COOL!"

"Oh Merlin's beard, they are a bunch of losers..."

You laughed at your daughter's exasperated sigh and ran around to gather some clothes and prepare beds for your guests while they were fawning over many artifacts of the Gaunt family and the memorials of your friends. It was a nice change of things, with never having any people around to teach them and all, seeing the many astonished faces of those next generation of witches and wizards were mesmerizing. They were eager to learn, know more about you- especially the girl, Hermione and the red-heads Ron, Fred and George who very irritatingly reminded you of someone certain- after making sure and calming them down that none of that would ever hurt them as long as you didn't want them to do so.

Meanwhile though, Anne wasn't having a good time with all the... noise in the house. She was playing with the end of her sleeves, a trait she had gotten from her father whenever he was stressed. Anne was much like Ominis, and it wasn't just in appearance. She never took pride in her family origins, the Gaunts, after she learnt what they had done to both you and her fathers.

All the torture her father Ominis had gone through, all the sleepless nights and all the screams of muggles while he had to cast spells on them... even if he cried not to do so, forced by his parents... The screams he must have let out after Crucio whenever he was hurt by them, whenever he had to hurt someone...

All the images of you, bloodied and hurt by their actions, forced to slain them all, forced to watch as everyone you ever loved die just because her bastard uncle couldn't keep it in his pants that resulted with the abomination of the Wizard world being born, and a curse forcing upon her family because of the blood connection you two had to them,something nothing would ever erase...

She was disgusted by them. By their sick ideologies, by their mere names and by having the same blood as them...

But, then again... She also had her father's blood, the ever kind and loving man who despised anything related to dark magic. The one that would wake up in the middle of the night to tend to her or her siblings when you would be too tired. The one that danced with little her in front of the fireplace of their cozy house, the one that told her and her siblings of stories about his time in Hogwarts, more specifically after he met you, the love of his life and he was changed for the better, eventually leading him to leave his family behind for good.

She didn't forget the day when he called her to him, and requested to be always there for their mother and write everything that happened down in her many diaries, a hobby she had picked early in her life.

Now that she looked back into the memory with softening eyes, it was almost like her dad knew he didn't have long to live and that thought made tears swell in her cloudy eyes.

"My sweet Anne, I know that you believe the world is amazing and that you could achieve anything... I wish I would be able to see it but, take care of your mother for everyone okay? Don't let her get lost in the dark for so long."

And she remembers her nodding, her little, child mind not understandimg the severity of the situation and how danger was coming closer to her family day by day.

But she remembered how he lovingly caressed her hair, and hugged her for too long... Too long compared to other times he did, like it was... his last time doing it. And if he focused enough, she could still feel the tears her father shed right onto her neck.