Distortion

The atmosphere at the hero's office was thick with tension and the reports were a total mess, mostly incomplete or with crossed information showing how scattered the hero was. Three days had passed since his incident, but it seemed like an eternity. At this moment, All Might was not honoring his hero name; he felt frustrated, not paying attention to his surroundings, thus affecting his performance in the field.

David could see his friend lost in thought as he was reviewing the documents, noticing all the mistakes his partner had made. He seemed to be a completely different person since the day of his brief disappearance.

—Are you still thinking about "the past"? —The brown-haired man asked, noticing how he was not able to capture the hero's attention.

—All Might!

—Ah! I'm sorry Dave... I can't concentrate... Lately I keep failing in everything... —Said ashamed at himself.

—Listen my friend, I appreciate you very much and support you in everything I can, but... Doesn't it sound really absurd to you?

—What do you mean?

—Disappearing for 2 weeks... At least, that's what you think. But in fact, it was only a few minutes at the same place, with the only difference being your change of attire and, of course, a stranger with the story about our past being a lie from the nations.

—I didn't want to be the one to say it, but it sounds like a very far-fetched story and to be frank, in a terrible way. She took advantage of the disinformation of a historical elements to build an absurd and fanciful past instead of seeing how to incorporate something more credible among what actually happened... It would have been better to say that it was another dimension or universe. —He expressed annoyed a bit disappointment.

—WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY IS...

—The obvious. That you were victim of some kind of memory manipulation quirk. Think about it... There are no recordings of that person entering or leaving your apartment... Insists on hiding her identity and altering her looks... The museum's director is not even aware of what happened, and the staff denies seeing this incident. Everything suggests that she attempted to avoid people since there aren't any witnesses because everything happened in your head.

All Might was stunned at his friend's point of view; it had never crossed his mind that it was all an illusion. What about his Haki and the kairoseki that affected him? ... Those would be helpful. Why make up something so far-fetched? He didn't want to cast any doubt on what had occurred.

The blond remembered that under his suit there was a slight tanning caused by the sun during his voyage, but the burns caused by Hebigame were already gone thanks to his healing water technique. Was it something that only he could see with his own eyes?

Perhaps David, not having been in Yue's presence, was able to see the truth. Yagi tried to roll up the sleeves of his suit to appreciate the color difference in his skin, but the suit was so tight that it was not possible without damaging it.

Dave jolted the hero out of his trance, who was still fighting with his sleeves.

—Has security showed you the Natural History Museum videos?

—ABOUT THAT... THE FOOTAGE FROM THE SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS FROM THAT DAY IS DAMAGED...

—Didn't you see the guard the day you went there for the footage?

—HE IS NO LONGER AT THE MUSEUM; IT SEEMS THAT HE QUIT.

—It's most likely that they're colleagues... That's why he let both of you go so easily.