The pasta dinner

"Young mam,what brings you here?",exclaimed Doris when she first met Sylvia.Sylvia gave a shy smile and replied, "Mam,I came with Mr.Kendrick to look for a new home".Sylvia slowly explained her situation to Mrs.Doris ,while Kendrick was untangling the harnass rope in which Buttons tangled him out of love."Good day Mrs.Doris!I hope you can help Miss.Sylvia out here with some shelter and food if you may!".Mrs.Doris was kind enough to let Sylvia live in the flat above her house provided she fulfills the conditions of not making any noise and paying the rent on time.Sylvia implied to Doris' conditions and went to visit her new house upstairs. While Sylvia and Kendrick was visiting the room ,the old lady made hot tea and brought tea cookies to welcome Sylvia with warm greetings. After all ,Sylvia is her new house mate and she would do anything to have a company in her old days.Sylvia was happy to find that her new flat was as big as a wedding hall with big glass windows through which the whole city of Wisdomnal can be witnessed. There were few pigeons siting on the ceiling of the room , where a small light bulb hung.The ventilation was so good and there was a spacious round table on the corner of the room with a small wooden tea pot and a cup on its top.There was a very big bookshelf on the right corner of the room with nothing in it.There was no trace of damage due to the storm that happened the day before and the whole place was quiet.At the end of the room,was a huge balcony through which she could see the old lady's garden.Strawberries, Carrots and radishes she witnessed while stooping out the balcony. The three happily munched the tea cookies talking about the weather and how good it is for the vegetable vendors to sell such juicy vegetables and get benefited out of it.Doris liked Mittnens the moment she met him and offered him an old shed of Buttons to stay at.Sylvia after thanking Doris for her warm greetings, returned to her old house to pack all her things .As a gratitude gift to Kendrick she decided to serve him dinner, the same night .As planned Sylvia returned in the evening to Doris house with all her books ,her treasures and her belongings. Doris welcomed the young woman and led her to the stairwell.Doris after looking at her collection of ,"The soothsayer voice",couldn't believe her eyes that she owned the whole collection in this century. Doris helped Sylvia arrange the books in the bookshelf in the right corner of the room.Doris gave her warm blankets and helped her switch on the stove which was alongside the balcony. Sylvia invited Doris to the dinner with her and Kendrick.Doris accepted the invite on the condition of helping her cook ,which she did with much enthusiasm. Kendrick arrived half past seven with fresh minced meat and pasta sauce.Together they made red sauce pasta and enjoyed the dinner to hearts content.Kendrick took his leave after their dinner, stating that his wife and children will be looking for him and he promised to bring them to visit Sylvia and Doris the next Sunday.