The Trap.

A couple days pass as Y/N's little group explore the large city, gathering supplies, but soon enough they make their way out. Y/N had sort of fixed up a broke down truck, probably not in the way it should have been done, but the truck works, and it's loaded with supplies in the back.

As the group leaves, another group is leaving from a different spot of the city, Operation Bitemark. Due to the zombie hordes, their exit had been delayed, and detoured putting them on a road going a bit more South than they wanted.

This road eventually led into a large highway, that was eerily empty. See, at the beginning of the apocalypse, most people tried to flee, only to be attacked by people in their own car, who had somehow been exposed to the ZN1 virus, or alternatively been attacked by Zs while in the giant traffic jams that would happen on the big roads. This road only had a few cars scattered across it.

It was odd... In a way, it was wrong...

As Operation Bitemark stayed in their parked vehicle, waiting for anything to happen, another vehicle could be heard coming down the road, from a different road, but relatively the same direction they had just come from. Hearing the other vehicle, Warren floors it, slamming on the gas, believing the other vehicle to be a trap, but as the vehicle wheels spin and fly down the road, a noise is heard.

A steady hissing of air and a clunk, the tires deflated and a metal rod jabs through the floor, making the vehicle completely still. The doors of the vehicle are nearly ripped off as large men open them, and pull each passenger out of the car, and onto the ground, with guns aimed at them. It was a trap, but not one set up by the other vehicle...