i always eat crazy-o's for breakfast

I knew for a fact that the bowling alley was always flooding in teenagers.  it was either the bowling alley or the small outdoor mall that consisted of about 5 stores and one diner.  I did NOT want to be serving with a plastic smile to all those kids who would laugh at me due to the ridiculous waitress costume you had to wear.  it was a 1960s themed diner.  you also has to wear a giant wig.

all week I was nervous over if I got the job or not.  the strike king, or should I say Bob didn't reveal much during the interview. 

when he did finally call I was in the living room cleaning up all the empty cans and old newspaper.  dad was gone to get more cans... and not at all helping with the cleaning I might add.

"Hello" I answered swinging the coffee table in the right spot is was in before my dad decided to get drunk and think it was a bear trying to get him.

"yes, I am calling for Scarlett," a rough scratchy, but soothing voice sounded familiar in my ear.

"speaking" I mumbled.

"yes this is Bob, the strike king calling about the job" he replied sounding almost excited.

I was frozen on the spot.  don't they only call when they are confirming you got the job? so that must mean...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\\/\/\

first shift at the bowling alley was a little... I'll say awkward.  I had wait for another worker to show up to show me where everything was and what I was supposed to do. 

Lets just say the worker was a good twenty minutes late for his shift.

I knew I was probably a teenager, because that's mostly who the hire here to work the weekends and after school hours. 

Bob gave me a uniform, a blue bowling shirt with 'the strike king' in big bold letters on the back and my name cursively sewn into the front left breast pocket. 

when the lousy worker did show, I found it was none other than Blake Jackson.

he scowled to see I was the worker he had to train, but replaced it with a sarcastic smirk before coming up to me. 

throughout the training he gave me about working here, there was obvious tension.  we sure didn't know how to be around each other, well I didn't. especially when he's not throwing innuendo's.

I couldn't stop throwing glances at him, why is he pretending to be nice to me, I mean he wasn't saying innuendo's during the whole time he had to spend with me, which is the only way I could be around him.

he was being genuinely kind.

I think I ate a bowl of crazy-o's for breakfast and am feeling the side effects now.

I just wish he can be this nice all the time.  or most like in the past, when he destroyed our relationship entirely.