Chapter 21: Favorite Moments from 2021-2022

My favorite moments of 2022 was watching the biggest and best Super Bowl Halftime Show ever. Hip-Hop All-Star Cast: Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, and surprise guest 50 Cent took the stage to a crowd of roaring fans at SoFi Stadium.

First, Dre and Snoop started out with their infamous song "The Next Episode" and 2Pac's "California Love".

Then 50 came out and surprised the crowd with his 2003 hit "In da Club" while hanging upside down and being backed up by female dancers.

Next, Mary J. Blige performed her songs (produced by Dr. Dre) "Family Affair" and "No More Drama" while being backed by female dancers.

After that, Kendrick Lamar performed his hits "M.A.A.D City" and "Alright" while being backed up by militaristic dancers wearing black sashes with the words "Dre Day" in green.

During the breakdown of "Alright" Lamar rapped a few lines referencing "Forgot About Dre" and then it transitioned to Em's verse from "Forgot About Dre" and it was on playback because the whole stadium was converted into Dre's very own studio.

("nowadays everybody wanna to talk like they got something to say but nothin' comes out when they move their lips just a bunch of gibberish and motherfuckers act like they forgot about Dre").

and then transitioned over to Em's part of the converted Eve After Dark/Tam's Burgers where some of the structure blew up and came apart and out came Em rising to his spot and "Lose Yourself" kicked in and Em gave his evergreen message:

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Along with Anderson .Paak on drums and him rapping along with to the lyrics Em had the crowd on their feet and out of their minds and at the end of Lose Yourself the rapper took a knee.

While Em was still taking the knee Dre got on the piano and played an instrumental tribute of 2Pac's "I Ain't Mad At Cha".

As Still D.R.E. was kicking in Dre got up from the piano and grabbed his mic to meet Snoop on the rooftop of the structure where he was Crip Walking saying the opening lyrics: "Still Snoop Dogg and D.R.E." and as they were performing Em, 50, Mary J, and Kendrick joined them for the big encore and helped them finish the song.

As the song came to an end there was a big photo finish Dre, Snoop, Mary J, Em, 50, and Kendrick were all standing on the rooftop taking in the biggest crowd that they've just gave the biggest performance of all time.