The Nightmare

I was walking up a wooden staircase holding a bright flames candle. As I walked, the floorboards screeched.
I could not do this, I had to go back but a fierce force seemed to make me move forward. I reached the top of stairs, eventually. My heart thumped heavily like a beating drum. A cool breeze whipped through the windows and sent shivers down my damp neck, the frost pierced into my skin causing my teeth to chatter violently.
To my right I saw cobwebs and broken picture frames. I heard something behind me.
" Gurgle! Gurgle! ". I swiftly turned around but saw nothing. It was probably my stomach, I thought to myself. I kept moving and without a warning, I felt a paper towel or something like it dragging on the back of my neck. I looked around and saw a mummy with fiery gleam in his eyes. He must have been at least six feet long. Pure terror coursed through my blood and my mouth went dry. The mummy made a noise and it sounded like he was trying to saw " Go away!". His eyes glared at me causing my mouth to hung open. I noticed a pure gold sword in his hand, with a blade as long as my arm. He was obviously trying to decapitate me.
I saw a loose end of his paper towel that was wrapped around his body and without thinking of my risky plan escape, I grabbed the loose end and tugged it with all of my might. When the mummy started to spin, I darted for the door and rushed down the street to get back home.
"Wake up! Breakfast is ready" my sister said. I woke up with a start,sweat dripping down my face. At the breakfast table, I laughed at myself for this fiery dream as my mouth was filled with fluffy eggs and my mouth watered as I scooped up a heaping spoonful of oatmeal.
This dream left me dumbfounded and every time I thought of this weird experience, my mouth lifts in a half smile.