Chapter 9

"Where are they Happy?!" "They should be here soon Nashi. It'll be okay" he said quickly trying to reassure her as he rubbed her back.

 "I'm getting cccoldd" she stuttered shivering. "Just hang for a little more Nah,,there they are. Lucy, Natsu!" he called out happy but shivered once he saw their faces. 

"Guys?..what happened?" he asked but was afraid of the answer. "They wouldn't lay off so we had to handle it" "Nashi, are you alright baby girl?" Lucy asked noticing she hadn't run over interrupting Happy and Natsu. "I'm cccolld mmmommy" Going over to Nashi, she brought her close to give her some body heat. 

"Natsu, we need to warm her" Sighing he said "we're going to have to do it here. Lousy people outed us so there's no way we can stay in town now. Sorry Luce, your going to have to change your hair here" Scoffing, she grabbed Nashi, picking her up and sat on a log. Gently she cradled Nashi rocking back and forth. 

"There you go baby. Feel a little better?" She heard Nashi's teeth chattering while she nodded her head. Grabbing what materials he could as fast as he could manage, Natsu started to make the fire before Lucy snapped "Natsu, just use your fire. Damn it. She's freezing. I know what you said and we will worry about that tomorrow, just right now she's freezing and we don't have a blanket" Annoyed, he submitted and used his dragon fire forming a blazing fire that began to warm Nashi up immediately. 

"Thank you" Lucy said gently. " Your welcome. About tomorrow" "What about it?" she asked cutting him off. " Let me finish and you'll see" he retorted sarcastically. 

Rolling her eyes slightly, she motioned with her hand letting him continue. "As I was saying, tomorrow, I don't think we should use our names anymore. We'll cover our guild marks, then once you dye your hair Lucy, we'll go and grab Nashi a blanket" "I understand everything, and I agree but just one thing. What the hell do you want us to change our names too. I mean do you have an idea?" she asked trying to understand. 

"Yes, actually. Lucy, if your alright with it, we can call you Layla." Her heart skipped a beat but she quickly shook it off. "Yes.that's alright" she said with a smile. "way to honor mom and Nashi's grandmother

"Nashi, I pretty much call you this anyway but now it's going to be every day. We're going to call you Iggy" " What about you?, you haven't told us your new name yet" Looking at the blue feline, he took a deep breath then looked at him with a focused expression. "My name's going to be Igneel" hearing all of them gasp, he gave them a raised eyebrow.

"What? His name is the best one for me. How many people around here would know the name excluding the guild. Nobody outside Fairy Tail and dragon slayers would even know Igneel's name. Besides, your using your mom's name. It's only fair I do the same right? He argued persuasively enough to where Lucy casually tightened her lips nodding her head. 

"We're really doing this aren't we? Going on the run" Happy said sullenly. Nashi was curled up by the fire not paying attention to anything that was being said. One look at his family's faces told him the answer. "It's too dark for me to do my hair now so I'll do it when the sun comes up" 

"Don't forget to change your clothes, we can get some more tomorrow when we go. How much more money do we have anyway?" Pulling the bag over, Lucy looked inside and counted the cash. "Hmph, this will maybe last the next few days then after that, well. I don't think I need to continue" 

 "Nope. Okay Iggy, time to get some sleep" Yawning, Nashi stretched her arms out then pulled out her sleeping cot and laid on it between Natsu and Lucy as he covered the best he could with his red blanket while Happy laid at the end buried under it. "Sorry, I know it's not much. This blanket wasn't really meant for three people" ""It's alright Natsu, we'll get another one tomorrow" "Aye" "Mommy, do you think the guild misses us?" "Baby..we cant..we can't think about them right now..but yes..I do think they probably miss us" she answered with a hard gulp.