Introductions

All the students were sitting in the common room, when the door opened and Kara walked in with Mon-El. Everyone looked at the door and walked up to the two. "That was epic!" A big guy in blue said. "Did they kick you out?" A muscular dark skinned man asked. A girl with a colorful outfit laughed from her seat on the table. "Uh, she wouldn't be here if they did." She responded. "Everyone, give her room." A native American girl said as she blocked them from Supergirl. "Kara, this is the rest of the Legion Academy." She told Kara. The big guy pushed her out of the way and stood in front of Kara. "Seriously, that fight was nuts." He said. "I'm Bouncing Boy, Planet Earth." B.B shook her hand. He stepped back and inflated. He bounced a couple times and deflated as he posed. "Ta-da." He scooted closer and got up to her face, secretive. "Now, if I said to you I've got a bunch of Naltorian frogs, would you be down to help me release them in the Science Lab?" B.B asked. "No." The Native American, Dawnstar, said as she guided him away. "Come on. It'd be great." The dark skinned man stepped up next. He grabbed her hand and bowed. "Enchanté." He greeted and stepped back. "Invisible Kid, also from Planet Earth." He greeted as he turned invisible. But his suit was still visible. "Whoa!" Kara muttered in awe. "Can you turn other things invisible too?" "Yes." Invisible Kid said with a chuckle. "well, actually, no, but I'm really close to figuring it out." The colorful girl finally walked over and stood in front of Kara with her hands on her hips and a smirk. "Okay. I love the hair." She said. Then she duplicated another version of her behind Kara with a different pose. "Oh, yeah, hate the cape." 2 said and the original spawned another. "We can work with the boots." 3 said. "Triplicate Girl." The three said at the same time. "Planet Cargg." "Ok." Dawnstar said as she guided Kara the other way. "So, this is Phantom Girl. "She gestured to a pink skinned girl that was sticking halfway through the wall. Phantom Girl gained a surprised expression and gasped as she disappeared through the wall. She stuck her hand through the wall and waved as Kara waved back with a smile. "She's shy." Dawnstar said. Phantom Girl's hand disappeared again. But both hands came back with a little gooey creature. "Proty, our class pet." Dawnstar said. It changed into Kara and bowed in greeting as Phantom Girl took it back through the wall. "And Arms-Fall-Off-Boy." Dawnstar introduced Kara to the redhead boy. He concentrated and his arm fell off. Everyone was unimpressed as he glanced at his other arm. "And sometimes they even stay on." AFOB proudly stated. "Wow, that's really cool." Kara said awkwardly. "No. We suck." An unnamed teen boy said as he walked over. Kara looked at him. "Gotta say, you pack a helluva punch." The boy said Kara gave him a confused look. "Right." The boy chuckled. "Probably don't recognize me without the mask." He held his out as Kara shook it hesitantly. "Jason Davenport. But my hero name is Sideways." Kara's eyes widened as she blushed. "Oh my god, I am so sorry." She apologized."I couldn't stop... And you came out of nowhere, and..." He cut her off with a chuckle. "Relax." He told her. "Got an advanced healing factor." She had an inquisitive look. "I've also got great durability, super strength, and can open portals through time and space. Though I can't control that one yet." Kara nods. "It's nice to meet ya. Those do sound pretty handy." Jason smiled at her and Kara blushed lightly at the genuine smile on his innocent face. "Yeah. See, we don't suck." "I'll have you know, my psychic pathfinding powers are unique." Dawnstar pointed out as AFOB put his arm back on. "Yeah, so are mine." He said as they all walked over to sit down. "That doesn't mean they're good." Triplicate Girl pointed out. "There's only one open Legion spot. And everyone knows Mon-El is gonna get it." "I think I have a chance." Jason said quietly. "Are you kidding?" Triplicate Girl asked. "You can't even control where your portals go. Or control your strength. You're too unstable. remember what you did to Jesse?"
Jason's shoulders slumped as everyone looked anywhere but at him, except Kara, who looked a little confused and sympathetic.
"We're never gonna make it into the legion. Face it we're waiting list material at best. Not even the Legion of Substitute Heroes would have us." "Hey, you don't know what's going to happen. I think everyone has the potential to be heroes, even people like Brainiac 5. But maybe for the safety of the rest of the buildings, you should just avoid him." Mon-El piped up. "And cut Jason a break. What happened to Jesse was an accident. Besides she's back tomorrow." Jason stood up. "Well, I guess I'm going to my room." Jason said somberly. "Night." Everyone watched him go. Ending the conversation. But Kara watched him leave with sympathy. Knowing what it's like to be an outcast.