First Day

September 7, 1986,
Gerard Way's first day at Pinole High School.

Gerard's Point of View
"Honey! Wake up, and wake Mikey too." Mom said going off before my alarm did the job. I turned off the alarm and rolled out of bed. I'm too tired for this. I was just fine at Carson High in Detroit,but in Oakland? Oakland is really ghetto, and really abandoned. I put on a Ramones shirt and some blue jeans. I don't want any attention,but my fiery red hair might blow that chance for me. I threw a shirt that landed on Mikey's face.
"Dude what the hell?" Mikey complained being half asleep.
"Wake the fuck up dude, gotta go to school." I said letting out a yawn. I got ready and we waited for the bus to arrive. What's with this town? Everyone looked at is in a weird way. When the bus got on I sat in the very back and saw these two guys talking about Sweet Children?
"Dude you know high school bands don't last." The shorter one said.
"Well y'know maybe it'll be fun while it lasts." The one with the longer hair said.
"Hey what's up,2 dolla bill? You got some?" Some guy said coming up to '2 dollar bill'
"Y'know it Jack." 2 dollar bill gave something in a bag to Jack. Jack continued to pay 2 dollars to him.
"Billie you need to stop selling pot. You're gonna get caught." The short one said.
"Frank y'know this is how I get bills done right? I do this I work at a pizzeria I'm even in a band I'm fine." Billie said.
"Whatever." Frank sighed. Billie looked around and saw me and was shocked.
"Dude you like the Ramones?" He asked. I nodded hesitantly. He walked to the back where I was.
"Dude you're so lucky. I get iron ons or sometimes draw on my shirts but wow that's so cool." He said astonishingly. I smiled awkwardly.
"Oh man I'm sorry dude, my name is Billie Joe Armstrong but I go by Billie Joe, sometimes 2 Dollar Bill cause I sell y'know pot." He said a little awkwardly putting out his hand. I shook his hand. "I'm Gerard Way,I'm new here."
"Hey Frank c'mere." Billie said. Frank walked back as well.
"Oh hello um..."
"He's Gerard." Billie said.
"Oh hello Gerard. I'm Frank Iero." I stuck out my hand and his was in his pockets. So I awkwardly put them down.
"Off the bus you teenage dirtbags." The bus driver called us.
"That's our cue. C'mon Gerard lemme show you our school." Billie said with a smile holding my hand.