🍁Gravity🍁

He was the only one that mattered, even though there were hundreds among us. His soul was the last I touched, and even though it was goodbye, in the end it was worth the gravity.

 His soul was the last I touched, and even though it was goodbye, in the end it was worth the gravity

Han Xian's POV:

Just as I was about to escape, a voice called over, and I was surprised to see it was the man from last night.

Cat.

"If I were you, I'd not venture to the palace. We all know who you are, and Night asked me to keep you safe here. So, be wise and don't go after him." Cat cautioned me, but all I could think of was Ah Yuan's safety.

"Please. There is someone I need to protect. He is just a child. He needs me." I pleaded. For me, it was a fight or flight mode.

"That boy will be safe. Night has asked us not to touch him." Cat tried his best to assure me, but a guardian heart in me wasn't having any of it. Thus, out of frustration, I yelled and asked, "What animosity does he have against them? Aren't you exhausted from living this kind of life?"

The answer was not what I expected.

"No, I am not exhausted. None of us are, and we will follow Night to the depths of hell if that means we can avenge what happened to his sister."

"What?" I asked, and his answer shook the core of my soul.

"Eighteen years ago, Night's sister was captured and abducted by the then-Prince Jin, who is now the tyrant of this land. Night swore to avenge his sister's humiliation, and we have sworn right by his side to follow him through this. Night has always been there for us and protected us. It's time for us to be by his side; even if that meant our end, so be it."

"Wait!" I had to grasp the straws here. "Did you say sister? What is her name?"

"Wei Jia." He answered.

'No! It can't be!'

Taking a step closer to Cat, I caught hold of his collar and asked, as my voice trembled to hear the truth, "Wei Jia... Wei Lan... is her brother... Are you talking about Wei Jia from the Wei clan?"

"Yes. The very same. He has gone to rescue her."

"No! No! No!" Grabbing my own hair, I yelled out loudly.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Cat inquired.

Glancing in his direction, I pulled his lapels and begged with desperation, "Lady Wei, died eighteen years ago, and that child whom I have sworn to protect is her son. He's Wei Lan's nephew."

"Fuc*!" Cat was as shocked as I was to learn the truth.

"Cat, if we don't stop this war, my stepbrother will kill Ah Yuan, and Night, unknowingly, would have lost another family member. Please help me!"

With a subtle nod, he whistled, and in the next second, two horses came to a standstill in front of us, and together we rode to protect the fate of those destined by blood.