anger.

"what was the homework l-last night? didn't do it," bill asked the group of six, causing stanley's eyes to roll.

"seriously, bill?" he asked. bill shrugged.

"i was busy! didn't get hh-home 'till midnight!"

"the fuck were you doing?" asked beverly with a slight chuckle.

"it was georgie's b-b-birthday, so we went out of town and had t-to make it back," bill explained, and everyone nodded.

"the ela sheet from yesterday and four pages of math," she answered, causing his face to drop.

"fuck no. four pages?!" he exclaimed.

"i know!" beverly added.

the school bell had not yet rung, six out of the seven losers standing outside of the building. everyone but richie was there so far, which was the usual.

"ah, look who actually made it," mike pointed out, looking in the direction richie walked in.

"he looks pissed," eddie mumbled. beverly fanned him down with a smile, but he glared at her and continued staring at the ground as he walked over.

upon making it close to her, she held her arms out to him. "morning, ri-"

he stormed passed her, the two colliding shoulders, as he marched into the building.

"jeez.." stanley mumbled. "the fuck is his problem?"

"eddie, go check on him," beverly said, still offended by what he did. eddie took a deep breath, patted her on the back, and followed after richie into the building.

he found his way towards richie, who sat against a locker, elbows on his knees and his hands carded through his hair.

"rich.." eddie mumbled, standing next to the boy.

"piss off, eddie."

"what's going on?" he asked, crouching next to richie and putting a hand on his knee.

"nothing! leave me alone!"

"r- richie, what the hell."

"FUCK. OFF," richie yelled, standing and storming away. eddie looked up with furrowed brows as he watched the boy pout, standing and running after.

"oh, huh-uh. what the fuck is wrong?" he asked, trying to keep at richie's pace.

"eddie. what do you not understand by 'fuck off'?"

"i'm not gonna leave you alone when you're upset like this. you never do this. so what happened? i'm worried-"

"will you just shut up and leave me alone?! i don't need help, i don't want help, what i want is for you to fuck off and let me be! is that so much to ask for?!" he snapped, stopping and turning to eddie as his arms flailed.

"you don't mean that."

"i do! i really, really do. i don't want to talk, eddie, just.. go away before i absolutely lose my shit."

eddie sighed. "fine. whatever. but you will talk to me once you calm down."

"yeah, fuck yourself," richie mumbled, storming off. eddie bit his lip and turned the other direction, walking back to the entrance of the school.

"so?" ben asked as eddie returned. he shook his head.

"he's like.. mad mad. i don't know why but he is absolutely pissed," eddie explained to the group.

"wonder what happened," bill uttered.

"clearly something awful because he is far from okay," eddie said.