CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: A DATE?!

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Asher answered the phone and asked in a confused tone. "Hello, who is this?"

The caller responded, "This is Elena."

Asher asked, "Sorry, but how did you get this number?"

Elena replied, "Anna gave it to me."

Asher then said, "Okay," before asking, "How are you doing?"

Elena blushed and replied, "I'm good."

“Um, so I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?” Elena suddenly asked.

After a moment of shock, Asher composed himself and replied, "Um sure, I guess."

Elena let out a small sigh of relief. "Great! How about this Saturday? We can go to that new Italian restaurant that just opened up."

"Sounds perfect," Asher replied, feeling a bit nervous but also excited. "I'll pick you up at 7?"

"7 it is," Elena agreed with a smile. "I'm really looking forward to it."

"Me too," Asher said, grinning. "I'll see you then."

ASHER'S POV

I burst into Anna's room and exclaimed, "Hey, Anna! Elena asked me out on a date!" I looked on, waiting for Anna's reaction.

"What?!" She exclaimed, surprised. "What did you say?"

"I said yes," I muttered. "But do you think it's weird if I go on a date with your best friend?"

Anna rolled her eyes. “No, it's not weird,” she replied. “If you and Elena like each other, then go for it. I'm happy for you both.”

I let out a relieved sigh. “Thanks, Anna. I just don't want to ruin our friendship or anything.”

“You won't,” Anna assured me. “Just be yourself and have fun. And if anything does happen between you and Elena, just be honest and open with each other.”

I smiled. “Thanks for being so understanding, Anna. You're the best.”

Anna grinned. “I know,” she teased. “Now let us go downstairs.”

Why?” I asked confused.

To eat of course!” She exclaimed, grabbed my arm and ran downstairs.

We entered the dining room and took our seats at the table.

"Good evening, everyone," Dad said, and we all murmured our greetings back.

After some time, Dad dropped his fork and asked, "So, what are everyone's plans for tomorrow?"

We all looked up from our plates, surprised by the sudden question. Jackson was the first to answer, "Well, I have to go grocery shopping and run some errands. I also need to stop by the post office and drop off a package."

"I have a group project due next week, so I'll probably spend most of the day at the library," Chris murmured.

"I'm meeting up with some friends for lunch and then going shopping," Luke chimed in.

“What about you Lucas?” Anna asked taking a bite of her stake.

“I'm going to spend most of my time in the gym,” Lucas said shrugging.

“Of course,” Luke said and rolled his eyes.

“Anyway what about you Asher?” Lucas asked.

As the focus shifted to me, I felt a knot form in my stomach. I didn't know how my family members will react to me going out on a date because of the incident that happened with Anna.