Chapter 1

My name is Korie Hayashi. I am 16. I have pale skin; silver hair with dark blue strips and ice blue eyes. I get teased alot at school because of my hair color. I have no friends whatsoever, so I have no one to stand up for me and my self esteem is too low for myself to stand up to people for me. I love to play the guitar. I take it everywhere with me because that's the only thing that's keeping me alive. I sigh and walk down stairs to eat breakfast. 'Morning mom. Morning Yumi.' I don't even know why I bother. Mom says, 'What do you want?' She snaps at me. I look down and say, 'Nothing.' Yumi smirks and says to mom, 'She's not going to be home on time she's probably going to be giving herself away to any guy she sees...Oh wait, she's too ugly for anyone to want her.' Mom laughed and slapped me dead in the face. 'Yumi's right. You are too ugly.' She pulls out her whip and pulls up my shirt and whips my back 10 times. I shriek in pain and Yumi and mom laugh. 'Whip her another time, mom.' 'I will when y'all get home. You're gonna be.late for school.' I take care of my back and put my shirt back down. I wince as I put my backpack on. I really need to get a satchel. She only whips me on my back and sometimes on my stomach. Never my legs or arms though. After that I look at the clock. It's too late for me to eat breakfast so I just run out of the house as fast as I can and jog to school. I slow down to a walk because my back starts to hurt. I make it just in time for me to sit in my seat before the bell rings. The teacher walks in. 'Miss. Hayashi.' I look up and my cheeks started to turn red cuz everyone started looking at me and talking about me. 'Yes, Mr. Satoru?' 'Come here.' 'Yes, sir.' I wonder what he wants. As I'm walking up to his desk from my seat in the back row in the seat next to the window I get tripped and almost fall and blush. I get there and say quietly, ' Yes, Mr. Satoru?' He looks at me with kind eyes, 'Korie, the office needs you.' I look down. I wonder why the office needs me? 'Do I need a pass?' He shakes his head. 'Go on ahead. I trust you.' 'Thank you,sir.' He looks at me and says, 'You are very welcome, Miss. Hayashi.' With that I walk out of the room and shut the door with my classmates muttering bad things about me. I walk with my head down in the hall and bump into someone. A male. I look up and it's Yuki Sohma. I look quickly down. 'I am so sorry, Mr. Sohma.' I'm still expecting him to hit me like mom does. But he doesn't. I take this as an advantage and runaway to the office.