Chapter 18

The bell rang and I started to walk home and it was very uneventful. I managed to get a job cleaning where Tohru works, safe just doesn't know yet. The next day at school I got 5 minutes early . The whole gang was here again. Lunch time came around. I grabbed my guitar and start to walk out the building. I didn't make it half way out of the building when Zak does the same thing he did yesterday, I kick him, he let's go, I run. I keep running til he grabs my wrist and bangs me up in another locker. 'Why do you insist on running from me?' 'Why you insist on hurting me?' I get a smack. Someone clears their throat and we look at who the person is. He is with three other kids. Yuki, Kyo, Haru, and Momiji. Zak speaks with venom dripping in his words, 'What do you want?!' Yuki says, 'This is my locker.' He looks at me then the boys. 'Whatever. Come on bitch. Let's take this somewhere else.' I start to protest and he hits me against Yuki's locker one last time and says, 'I told you to come on. Did I not?' I say quietly, 'Yes sir.' He grabs my wrist and I say to the boys, 'I apologize.' And he Hanks me around the corner.

Yuki's p.o.v

I sigh. Haru says, 'Does he always treat her like that?' Momiji starts to tear up. I respond quietly, 'Sadly, Yes.' Momiji says, 'Yuki?' 'Yes, Momiji?' 'Since she's your sister can't you do something for her?' 'If I could I already would have.' Haru states the obvious, 'That looked like it hurt....A lot.'

Korie's p.o.v

He slaps me til I hear someone coming down the hall. 4 someone's. Kyo, Yuki, Momiji, and Haru. Momiji pulls me away and says, 'Let's get outta here.' 'But what about the others?' 'They'll be fine. They are tough.' 'It's my job to protect you all.' He looks at me and I tell him the story of how the Bobcat ended being the protector of the Sohma's and anyone they are friends with. 'The banquet was held and all of the animals were there, the cat and the fox. The Angel went looking for them and she didn't make it back in time for 'God' to make everyone know who the protector was. It was supposed to be the Lion but the Lion didn't make it because he got sick and died. So the Bobcat took his place. But seeing how no one cares about the Bobcat no one knew about it.' Momiji looks like he's gonna cry. 'That's so sad.' I kneel down so I'm his height. 'Look at me. I'm alive aren't I?' He nods his head. 'Ok then, everything is fine and dandy now.' He hugs me. I tell him, 'Let this be out little secret.' He says, 'Yea!' And gives a huge, big smile.

Kyo's p.o.v

I hope he learned his lesson. We walk over to where Momiji and Korie are and we hear her tell Momiji the story of the Bobcat. That's a sad story.

Yuki's p.o.v

I wonder why she would be telling Momiji this. Momiji says, 'Since nobody else has said it I want to the you the Bobcat for protecting the Sohma's and their friends. It means a lot to us. Even if no one shows it.' I feel a small smile form on my lips.