2) Humilation and the all nighter

"Nancy?" Mike spoke is a sympathetic tone. Nancy quickly wiped her tears with her hand. "What is it mike" she sniffled and paused between words. "Are you alright..?" Mike said slowly backing out the room. "Im fine" she lied. Mike nodded and left the room. "Well that failed" he thought himself. What could he do now.
He could probably ask his mother for some money, but he doubted she would agree.
Especially when its four AM in the morning. Mike decided to lay down and rest.
He couldn't help but think about Max, He sort of felt sorry for what he had done. He just didn't want to admit it.  No what was he thinking, she is ruining the party.
Mike sighed and turned to face his side. He slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Mike!" His mother screamed. "Its 1pm, Your late for school!"
Mike quickly leaped from off his bed and landed head first on the floor, but that didn't stop him. He got up from the floor and sprinted into the dinning room.
He rushed through the door and jumped onto his bike.
He spun the wheels on the bike as fast as he could and by the time he made it to school, he was dripping in sweat and panting heavily. He dropped his bike and hurried to the classroom which was on his schedule. Due to fatigue mike ran really slow.
This made him an extra five minutes late. He barged into the class room.
His hands on his knees. "I.. made.. it" he panted. Everyones eyes faced him.
"Nice PJ's wheeler"  Troy Laughed. The others followed, except Max. 

She did find it funny, but she held in her laughs. Mike sat down awkwardly in the only seat left, next to max.
"Are those dinosaurs" Max pointed at his pyjamas, bursting with laughter. Mike rolled his eyes and faced the board.
Everyone was still staring at mike, faint whispers were heard. By the end of class, Mike had already been humiliated enough.
It was ten minutes to his next class, if he hurried he could make it home in time.
He got onto his bike and pushed as hard as he could. When he got home his mother doing some gardening in the front yard.
He drove his bike through the bushes on the side and made it to the back door, he opened it and climbed inside.
He made sure to put the least amount of weight he could on the creaky floorboards, when he reached the stairs he ran up and banged the door open. He closed it quietly and began looking for his school clothes.
There they were laid out on his bed, how could he forget. He quickly slid them on and tiptoed back outside.
There was only three more minutes left. He got back on his bike, made his legs move as fast as they could. Two minutes.
He made it to the school with only one minute left now. He dropped his bike on floor, dashed to the door, opened it
and made it into his class, with ten seconds to spare.  He sat down, again next to Max.

Max stared at him, amazed. "How did you do that.." Max muttered. "Guess we both have our secrets" Mike panted and then turned to face the teacher, who was confused but continued to teach anyway. Dustin sat behind him along with Lucas. Sadly will had gone home early today, he's been having visions. Thats what his mother Joyce Byers says at least.
"Mike did you showed up at school wearing your pyjamas.?" Dustin had heard a rumour.
Mike didn't engage in his conversation and stayed silent. Dustin looked at max and mouthed: "Did he"
Max nodded vigorously, with a thumbs up. "He totally did" She mouthed back. "Dinosaur ones too"
Dustin and Max both bursted out with laughter. "Henderson and Mayfield" the teacher looked at them cunningly.
"Sorry" the both said together. It was now the end of class and the end of the school day.
"See you at your house" Dustin did a small salute and rode off. Once Mike made it to his house he saw all of them there including Will. He looked a little closer and saw a ginger haired girl.
"Why is she here!" Mike yelled. "She's apart of the party now" Dustin informed.
"Will did you agree to this?" Mike slumped. "Well.. I mean.. I dont see whats wrong with her being here" Will stuttered.
"Everything is wrong" Mike groaned. "This is my house!"

"I will just go then" Max muttered, slowly walking away. Dustin pulled her back. "Mike just leave it" Dustin sighed.
"Fine.." mike crossed his arms. "She can stay but only for a bit"
Dustin and Lucas had wide grins on there faces and formed a high five. They all went inside and went down to Mikes basement. "Woah, its really cool in here" Max admired the room. They all took a seat. "What is this" Max pointed to a box that read dnd. "dungeons and dragons" Dustin Told. "Its a board game"
"Do you guys want to play?" Will asked. They all nodded apart from Mike. He stood up.
"Im not playing dnd with her" Mike scoffed. "This is for the party members only"
"Your just afraid that im good" Max muttered. Mike sat back down. "Fine" He spoke. "Only this one time"
That one time, turned into an all nighter. They played for a whole entire 10 hours straight and hadn't even realised it, they were that invested in the storyline. When they had finished, they ended up all falling asleep with Dustins head laying on Lucas shoulder, Max lying back on the chair with her arms crossed. Mike drooling on the table top and Will sleeping up straight.