Prologue

Narrator's POV
When they were seven years old, Amity and Lucy Heartfilia's mother contracted an unexpected illness. After Layla fell sick, Amity and Lucy's father started to neglect the two of them, only ever caring about money, hoping to cure his wife. Eventually, Jude's child neglect got to Amity so much so that she wanted to run away from home.

And so, she went to her and Lucy's bedroom and told her blonde sister that she was wanting to run away from home. Lucy knew how she was feeling, and so she didn't object to the idea. She even helped Amity come up with a plan to run away without their father knowing about it.

The plan was to have Amity escape through their bedroom window and into the closest forest to the Heartfilia estate. The last thing that Lucy told Amity before she left was that she loved Amity with all her heart and that they would meet again when the time was right.

And so, Amity ran away from her home, but not before hugging her twin sister tight with tears in her eyes, knowing that she's leaving her sister with their neglective father. After running for about a day, Amity stopped in the closest forest filled with beautiful flowers and a clear, blue river. There, she fell to the ground from exhaustion and fell asleep.

A few minutes later, a fairy dragon named Faye found the sleeping girl. Faye knew that she needed to wake up the sleeping ten year old, so she nudged Amity with her snout. The first time Faye nudged the girl, Amity didn't respond, so Faye tried again. The second time caused the girl to stir awake. Once Amity was fully awake, she looked around to see what had woken her up, only to come face to face with a beautiful dragon.

Amity's POV
After a few minutes of napping, I felt something nudging me. It must've nudged me once before because I suddenly felt it nudging me a second time, causing me to slowly wake up even though I didn't really want to wake up.

When I woke up, I started to rub the sleep from my eyes, hoping to be more aware of my surroundings. After I was more alert and awake, I looked up to see what was nudging me, coming face to face with a beautiful dragon. It had beautiful emerald green eyes, its wings looked like a butterfly's wings, there was fur going from its head to its neck, it had paw pads like a dog or cat, fur cascading down the hips, and the fins on the dragon's tail looked like leaves.

 It had beautiful emerald green eyes, its wings looked like a butterfly's wings, there was fur going from its head to its neck, it had paw pads like a dog or cat, fur cascading down the hips, and the fins on the dragon's tail looked like leaves

"Wow," I gasped in awe. "You're a beautiful dragon."

"Why thank you, child," the dragon replied, amazing me even more. "You are beautiful, yourself."

When the dragon called me beautiful, I couldn't help but blush. I never could take compliments well. When Lucy and I were five, I would always brush it off everytime she complimented me.

"T-thank you," I stuttered.

The dragon must've noticed my nervousness because I wasn't expecting its next question.

"You do not take well to compliments, do you, child?" the dragon asked me.

"No, sorry," I replied.

"There is no need to apologize, child," the dragon countered in a calm voice. "I am Faye, queen of the Fairy Dragons. Tell me, child. What is your name?"