Offer

A/N:

This fanfic is not for anime-onlies, sorry. This is for those manga readers who are hungry for manga fanfic content. Though, you are free to still read this even though there will be spoilers in the future.

This is my first fanfic after quitting for 2 years, so I've completely forgotten how to make words and sentences flow naturally. I also suck at detailed explanations of how characters feel.

This is a manga fanfic, so pretty big spoilers ahead. I got something for anime-onlies later on though, see the end notes for more information.

"Ai is already dead" Those words shock Ruby to her core, how could her own brother say that?

"This information, it should be used for the sake of the ones who're still living" She couldn't believe it... Was this really how he felt?

Ruby let go of Aqua's shoulder and stood in silence. She continued to stare into the ground until she spoke.

"I see, so that's how you think." Her voice was cold, and unreadable but she continued.

"Of course. With this Kana senpai will be safe and our reputation will soar. It's a win-win situation..."

"Ruby..." Aqua, not knowing what to do, reached out his hand to his sister.

"Don't touch me." Ruby spoke coldly, causing Aqua to stop.

"You've changed. Up until now, Ai has always been your number one and you've always been reckless when it comes to Ai." Aqua stayed silent and let his sister keep talking.

"You cared about her more than anything else, I felt a bond through our shared love towards her... But you don't care about her anymore, do you?"

"That's not true." Aqua tried to interject, not wanting her sister to believe that he didn't care about Ai anymore, but Ruby cut him off, much to Aqua's chagrin.

"Liar... Liar, Liar, Liar. Everyone is a liar." Ruby turned around with a crazed look, the star in her left eye shone brilliantly in contrast to her darkened right star.

"I... I can't think of you as family anymore." Tears started to flow as she spoke bitter words to her brother.

She turned around and started walking away, leaving her brother.

"Farewell, bro."

Ruby, with tears in her eyes, continued to walk to her room. She still couldn't believe that Aqua would reveal their mother's secret to the world and tarnish her reputation. She had pinched her cheeks, desperately hoping this was a nightmare, she hoped that she would wake up from this nightmare but... reality is cruel.

"Why...? Why does this world hate me? Why can't I be happy?" She asked herself as her tears now started to flow freely.

"Why did sensei have to die? Why did mama have to die?" She remembered her sensei's remains, she remembers the day Ai died.

She continued to walk until she finally arrived at her bedroom door. She opened the door and locked it, she then lay on her bed as she now sobbed.

"Why? Why, why why? Why did Aqua do this? Was there really no other way?" Ruby rambled like she was going crazy.

"I hate this... I hate this so much." She gritted her teeth, if only she could go back, she could have prevented so much, she could have stopped Ai's death, and Aqua's betrayal, but still even if she went back... she wouldn't be able to save her sensei.