5. RAT

Amairah Garcia's POV: 

It’s been an hour since I have entered this prison. The woman next to my cabin was constantly blabbering as sometime I did understand her but sometimes I couldn’t. She told me how much cruel were these Dark Spades as apparently from her words I got to reach the conclusion that she hated werewolves or she was scared of them.

I am still confused between hatred and fear.

I was sitting on the table as the floor was dirty with stones pricking my bare feet. My legs were loosely hanging down the table with my back aching by constantly sitting in the same position. 

The woman next to me was asleep while sitting on the floor. I was looking at her peacefully when I felt some noise making me turn around to find a girl with a same age like me standing their looking at me with eyes that had different emotions. 

"Are you alright Your Highness?" She bowed her head at me as I looked at her from top to bottom when my eyes fell on her hands. Those were the same hands that used to bring me the tray of food. 

"Food lady." I whispered as she looked up at me trying to stifle her chuckle I guess. Was she smiling at me?

"My name is Amber but you can call me food lady too." She smiled at me as her face turned serious while coming closer to me. I also went close to her looking at her from close. 

She had curly red hairs in a bun with few loose strands guarding her face. Her skin was milky white but pale as compared to mine. Her eyes were exactly like her name, amber colored. She was beautiful. 

"I went to take back the tray but I waited for half an hour but you didn't bring it so I had to ask the guards to open it and I didn't find you there. I told the guards that you are in the room so no one knew yet that you are here. You can't tell people that you are the Queen or they will kill you." She said everything in one breath as she was in haste. 

"How do you know I am the Queen?" I asked as I was glad that she spoke every word clearly for me to understand. 

"Your mother asked my mother to give you this ring. When my mother died she gave me this to give to you and I have also seen your hands. I am serving you since three years. My mother was serving you before." She said with a small smile adoring her face as I glanced down at my finger. Two years ago when I turned seventeen this food lady game me this ring with written wishes for me on the paper. 

"Wear this in your finger. Happy Birthday." 

Since then I was wearing this ring in my finger as I have many other jewels in my closet but those were too heavy. 

"Thank you." I mumbled to her as she bowed her head at me again. 

"I have to go tell the general about all this. Till then don't tell anyone that you are the Queen. People are scared of you. It will create a chaos that you are out of the room." She said as she was about to go when I mumbled to myself but she still heard. 

"Why people are scared of me?" I said to myself as I knew the answer but sometime I got tired.

"People get scared of things that they can't understand. I was also scared but after seeing you I think I can take my time to understand you. I find one rumour wrong I think other would be proven wrong too." She left saying those words to me. 

How will people understand me if they wouldn't see me just like that food lady? 

"Which rumour she found wrong?" I almost jumped on my feet as I heard that old lady's voice. She was listening to our conversation. She got to know I am the Queen.