one.

chapter one.

THE BLARE OF MUSIC vibrated through leah's ears as she danced with some random girl, dressed as a cat — in which leah thought was completely unoriginal — who she met while refilling her drink.

leah — who was dressed as cher horowitz drunkenly smiled while she swayed her hips to the beat of the music. her gaze turned towards chad and her boyfriend.

ethan blushed, cheekily smiling right back at her. leah grinned as she waltzed her way to the two boys leaving the random, mystery girl behind. "hey boys!" she exclaimed, as she stopped in front of them.

"hey, L." chad greeted her with a cheeky smile, "you having a good time?"

leah hummed before making a complete response, "yeah, i guess," she looked up at ethan and leaned her back against his chest, "i'd be having even more fun if you two weren't so boring."

chad chuckled, turning around towards the bar and asked for three shots of tequila. he turned back towards leah and ethan, "here you go, m'lady."

ethan glared at his roommate from behind leah before quickly pasting on a smile when she turned around and handed him a shot. "bottoms up, boys." she held out her glass and tapped it against chad's, then finished it

"hey big guy, you're needed." anika said, tapping chad's arm making all three of them turn around, grabbing their attention.

leah intertwined her fingers with ethan's as they pushed through the crowd of drunk teens, making their way to the stairs to see tara walking up them with a guy.

"dammit tara," leah mumbled under her breath, walking to the bottom of the stairs. "hey tara, come get a drink with me!"

tara turned around to face her childhood best friend, "convince ethan to go with you." she said, gesturing towards the boy.

leah rolled her eyes, pointing towards tara, motioning for chad to go in and save their friend from making a big mistake, "hey man." he said, earning the attention from frankie, "tara's good down here."

"sorry bro, didn't catch that."

tara took one step down, looking at chad in disbelief and glancing at leah and ethan, "yeah, you did." chad said, chuckling unenthusiastically.

tara quickly walked down the rest of the steps and placed her hand on chad's chest. "no chad, it's fine. i want to."

"see, chad." frankie grinned at the boy making leah feel deeply angered as she leaned into ethan's side. "she wants to."

frankie turned around and grabbed tara by the top of her arm, dragging her up the stairs, causing her to fall backwards.

leah and anika rushed over to help their friend, "why don't you keep your fucking hands off her?"

"tara, sweetheart, are you okay?" leah asked, trying to help tara up, but she pulled away and stumbled down the stairs.

"guys, stop!" tara called out to the two boys on the floor, repeatedly punching each other.

ethan reached over to grab leah's hand, pulling her into his chest, as sam — tara's older sister — walked through the crowd and interrupted.

"hi, yeah, sorry to interrupt." she put her hand on frankie's shoulder, "i'm just gonna tase you in the balls real quick."

leah snorted as sam tased the boy in the balls as he fell to the floor in pain, "you fucking bitch!"

ethan grimaced in disgust, "don't ever put your hands on my sister."