two.

— chapter two.

EVERYONE SAT IN SAM, tara, leah, and quinn's apartment on the couch, watching the news as they were reporting the murders of their classmates; jason and greg. leah was sat next to ethan with her head resting on his shoulder as she traced the small wrinkles in his pants on his thigh with her finger, also listening to what the news reporters were saying.

"jason carver and greg..."

leah gasped and immediately sat up straight glancing over to tara and mindy. "fuck, that's the chode dude from our film class." mindy said pointing to the tv as pictures of the two boys appeared on the screen.

leah shivered at the thought of the boy, "he was always creepy." she muttered, "not saying he deserved it though."

ethan's hand gripped leah's hip and pulled her towards him as she stared at the screen, "it says also found at the scene was different ghostface costumes a character popularized by the stab movie franchise."

leah inhaled sharply leaning her elbows on her knees and rested her face in her palms, hiding her anxiety, "pack your stuff." sam said waltzing into the kitchen, "both of you. we leave in ten." she demanded and pointed between leah and tara.

leah lifted up her head and looked in sam's direction. "sam, you can't be serious!" she exclaimed as she stood on her knees, watching sam and tara from the couch.

ethan turned his body and looked at tara and sam with a questionable look before looking at leah, "i can't tell if she's being serious." he said. she shrugged, sitting back down on the couch with her knees bent to her chest thinking about the attacks on her and her friends last year.

leah groaned, "fuck. i can't believe this is happening again," she mumbled under her breath, picking at her lip in nervousness.

ethan's jaw clenched when he looked at his girlfriend's look of defeat before glancing at quinn, except she refused to make eye contact with him as she watched chad tell sam's secret boyfriend to beat it.

"look, this, this may not have anything to do with us." tara tried to reason with her sister, who was rushing out of the apartment with a knife, "sam, come on!"

sam turned around, "are you serious?"

"it's a big city!" tara exclaimed. "it's halloween, everyone is wearing masks!" she said, adding emphasis on 'everyone.'

leah inched herself closer to ethan, finding comfort in his warm embrace as he draped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple, "i doubt it's a coincidence." she mumbled making the sisters turn to her.

sam pointed to leah who was frightened, in agreement, "both of you knew him!" sam said, the knife pointing to the tv.

"yeah, barely."

"chad, mindy, back me up."

chad turned towards the girls, "it is a little bit,"

"close to home."

sam rapidly nodded at the confirmation from mindy and chad before turning back to tara, "see!"

tara stayed silent for a moment in hesitation before looking at quinn, "your dad is a cop, right?" the ginger girl looked at the two girls with a frown, "can you call him and ask him what's going on?"

"before you make the utilitarian decision to abandon our," tara snapped between herself and leah, "college education and flee the fucking state."

sam looked over to her friend — who's phone was to her ear — "i'm calling him right now," quinn told.

just as quinn finished her sentence, the house phone began to ring from the kitchen table and made leah flinch and everyone's heads quickly turned in curiosity and fear.

sam stared at the phone as it rang three times, "who is it?"

ethan turned to leah, who was basically trembling in her own fear and anxiety under his arm. "why did everyone just freak out when her phone rang?"

anika rolled her eyes, "you gotta keep up, my guy."

leah ran her fingers down ethan's wrist while her fingers interlaced into his hand  and planted a soft kiss on his shoulder, "i'll explain later, baby."

quinn looked over to the couple before looking back to sam and tara holding out her phone, "sam?" quinn held her phone out, gesturing for sam to take it, "my dad wants to talk to you."

sam took the phone from quinn and held it to her ear, "mr. bailey, hi."

the conversation was one sided while sam was pacing across the room in worry, the tone of her voice was noticeably different as it was becoming more and more concerned as the conversation went on until she hung up looking in between leah and tara. "they, uh, they want me to go down to the station."

everyone looked at sam in concern as quinn took her phone back while her face fell, "what do you mean?"

"they found my driver's license near the bodies."