Chapter 5

Flashback

"Liv you and Spencer can't play happy family every time Spencer wants to", Noah said, Noah and his son Layton joined Olivia and Corey for a walk in Crenshaw, "what are you going to do when Corey is older". Spencer went back to New York ago, after JJ's memorial, "there are still so many feelings between us", Olivia said. "I didn't come back to LA because of my relationship with Spencer", Olivia said, she asked Spencer to stay with Grace while he was in LA but Olivia and Spencer arrived late from New York after JJ's death and Corey was so excited to see his parents, he went to sleep later than normal and Spencer ended up staying the whole week. Olivia had so many mixed emotions since Spencer left that she needed to confide in someone and with her friends trying to continue their own lives after JJ's death, Olivia choose Noah but all she was getting was judgment. "Is he seeing Alicia", Noah asked and Olivia nodded,  Spencer reassured her that the relationship wasn't serious, "he said that he is waiting until I'm ready to get back together", Olivia said. "If a man is waiting for a woman, he wouldn't be sleeping with someone else", Noah said, Olivia knew that Noah was right but Olivia wasn't innocent in the situation, "you don't understand", Olivia said. "I think I do, I have a son and an ex-wife", Noah said,  Noah and his ex-wife didn't get along at the best of times, "it's different with me and Spencer", Olivia said. Olivia wished she confided in Layla instead of Noah, at least she would have understood her situation with Spencer. Especially after telling her fiancee, that she had betrayed Clay by sleeping with Jordan. "Liv, you are an attractive and intelligent woman", Noah said as he brush a curl out of her face while smiling, "there are men out there who will treat you better". That was the first comment Noah had made to make Olivia think that Noah wanted anymore then friendship from Olivia. "I should take Corey home, Spencer is going to call him", Olivia said, Spencer had started to call Corey every night before bedtime and most of the time Olivia and Spencer would talk for hours afterwards, "I will walk you to your car", Noah said. "Olivia, you need to make your mind up about which man you want", Alicia said walking towards Noah and Olivia, immediately Olivia felt like she was caught cheating on Spencer, "I know that Spencer was in LA last week", Alicia said. "Spencer said that he was spending time with Corey", Alicia said, Olivia knew that Alicia wasn't stupid, "I know that you and him were also spending time together". "Spencer is going to be in my life forever because of our son", Olivia said, regretting telling Spencer that it would be unfair for them to wait until his contract with the Jets ended for them to be together, "does Spencer know you have another man", Alicia asked. "I'm not sure if you are aware but men and women can be friends", Noah said, Olivia was grateful for Noah's support, "I stepped away from Spencer once, I'm not doing it again", Alicia said walking away.

"Sit down, little man", Spencer said when they arrived at the apartment after the game. After Corey innocently told Alicia and Noah that his parents watched a movie with him in Olivia's bed and Alicia announced that Olivia had been dating Noah for a while. Spencer doubted that Alicia was being honest but, Spencer desperately wanted to hear Olivia's side of the story. Firstly Spencer and Olivia needed to know how much of the conversation Corey understood and answer any questions he may have. "I'm sorry Daddy but I got scared to come to you", Corey said, when the Jets won, Corey was supposed to come out on the field to do a victory lap with Spencer but he got shy and wanted Olivia to come with him, "I don't know your friend", Corey said. Spencer saw Alicia pushing her way through the crowd and telling Olivia that she would take Corey onto the field and despite Olivia's encouragement, Corey was adamant that he wanted his mother. "I'm proud of you, little man", Spencer said, he have to admit Olivia had done a wonderful job with teaching Corey about not going to strangers, "you don't know my friend and that was a smart decision". "Sweetheart, there were a lot of people out there", Olivia said, it was understandable that Corey was scared of the crowd, "and it was scary but we can work on it". "Daddy is your friend mad at you", Corey asked, Corey didn't know that it was the three of them sharing a bed that Alicia and Noah were mad about, "that is adult stuff", Spencer said making eye contact with Olivia who nodded. "All you need to know is Daddy and I love you", Olivia said kissing Corey's forehead, Spencer was glad that a lot of what Alicia said went over Corey's head, "I love you and Daddy too", Corey said smiling. Corey continued to talk about Spencer's game until Laura Facetime Corey and Spencer set him up in his bedroom. "Liv, I have to know", Spencer asked the question that was consuming his thoughts since Alicia dropped the bomb, "how long have you been with Noah". "Alicia saw me with Noah after JJ's memorial", Olivia said as she walked to the big bay window looking over central park, "Noah was someone who I could talk to outside our family and friends". "We only started sleeping together before Easter", Olivia said chewing the inside of her cheek a sign she was nervous, "I didn't know want to hurt you". "When Alicia saw me and Noah she was mad because you didn't spend that week with her", Olivia said, Spencer recall Alicia constantly phoning and texting him about hanging out, the week of JJ's memorial, "I not going to apologise for spending time with my son", Spencer said. "Alicia isn't stupid Spencer, she knows that we did more than spend time with Corey", Olivia said, Spencer remembered the week after JJ's death both Olivia and his emotions were everywhere and it was nice sharing a bed with Olivia, "you and Corey are my family", Spencer said. "We have to stop hiding behind Corey eventually", Olivia said, Spencer knew that what they were doing was wrong, especially with Noah and Alicia in the picture, "did you mean what you said on the field", Olivia asked. "That you aren't ashamed of what we do privately or publicly", Olivia said, their lives weren't as simple as Olivia and Spencer had planned but in some strange way Spencer wasn't ashamed of his relationship with Olivia, "it is complicated", Spencer said. "But no, I don't care about what people say about us", Spencer said, closing the gap between them but before their lips met Olivia pulled away, "someone going to get hurt", Olivia whispered. "As long as it's not Corey", Spencer said, he knew that Corey had to be their main priority no matter what happens, "I will always support you when it comes to our son". "Thank you, I better go and face Noah", Olivia said, Spencer didn't like the thought of Olivia sharing a hotel room with another man, "how much are you going to tell him", Spencer asked. "I don't know yet", Olivia said looking guilty as she went to say goodbye to Corey.