Chapter 1;

It was a few nights after frank foster had raped Carla Connor. Carla was sat in her flat, having a nice peaceful night in by herself,when she heard a knock on the door. She walked over to the phone, and heard a familiar voice.

"Carla? You in?" A brisk voice said.

"Yeah 2 seconds Peter, just let me buzz you up!" Carla said with a sly smile on her face.

Carla had a drinking problem, and often turned to the alcohol when she was feeling down or depressed. Peter was helping her try tackle the problem as he is a recovering alcoholic, and trying to help Carla overcome it.

As Peter came in through the door, Carla smile became bigger, she knew inside that she loved him, but she just couldn't bring herself to tell him because she knows he's married to Leanne, and has a son. Carla couldn't help how she felt for Peter, he was here trying to help her get over the alcohol, where is all Carla was wishing for is to be with him, and he had no idea..

"You okay Carla? I see you've already hit the bottle and its only 6 'o' clock.." Peter said worryingly.

"Yes Peter I'm fine, just had a lot on my mind the past few days you know with the rape and everything , I just any help opening a bottle"

What was really on Carla's mind is the fact how she really wanted to tell Peter how she felt, although she knew how he'd react and probably wouldn't speak to her, and she knew that wouldn't help the alcohol problem at all.

"look Carla, are you sure your okay? I mean, I'm always here for you if you want to talk"

"Yeah Peter honestly I'm fine, guess I just needed a bit of company to cheer me up" Carla said hinting that it was about him.