Chapter 3;

Carla woke up the next morning on the sofa, looked up to see the bottle of wine that she had opened last night. She really wanted to drink it, but knew it wasn't right. She took the bottle to the sink, poured it away and threw the bottle in the bin.

The next minute there was a knock on the door, it was Michelle. Carla opened the door to let her in, put the kettle on, and they both sat down.

"Right Miss Connor, we need a very long catch up ey?" Michelle said cheerfully.

Michelle had just come back from sailing around the Caribbean with her man. Obviously Carla was jealous because Michelle was with someone, all Carla wanted to do was be in peters arms, but she knew that it was too far fetched at the minute. 

"Yes we definitely do! missed my best friend! I've been twiddling my thumbs for the past 2 weeks without you!" Carla said putting on a fake smile.

"Erm Carla? And how are you coping about the whole rape situation? you know I'm always here for you, and I'd do anything for you!"

"Yeah honestly babe, I'm fine, Peter's been coming round to make sure I stay off the alcohol.... Yeah actually, he's been really kind with me for the past few days trying to help me....."

"Bloody hell Carla what's wrong with you? Don't think I've heard you say anything nice about that Peter Barlow in a while!"

Michelle may go mad at Carla for this, but they're best friends, Carla knows she has to tell her.

"Right Michelle, Your going to go mad at me for this, but I need to tell you something..."

"Ok go on, what's up?"

"I love peter..."

Michelle's face dropped within a second, Everything was normal, Carla was expecting this type of reaction, it was obvious. The guy she loves is married and has a kid, this was never going to end well.

"CARLA!!! are you stupid! He's married to Leanne! and has Simon! You cant break the family up!"

"Yeah I know that, but I love him and there's nothing I can do about it. He hates me now since I told him but.." Michelle cut off Carla's sentence.

"Oh my god Carla, please tell me you haven't told him!!"

"....Yes,  I told him last night when he came around here"

"Oh Carla, this is not going to end well for you babe, You love him, and he Loves another woman, are you going to be able to cope with this?"

And the answer to that question was no. Carla burst into tears on Michelle's shoulder, it's a good job she has her best friend back otherwise god knows what would happen. Michelle takes Carla to bed, gives her a hug and leaves the flat.