Chapter one: Writers Block

"Stay with me love!" J ask , Alexa
" I can't , I have to go back!" She sodded. "  Wait, you could come with me, my sweetheart!" She smiled through the tears.
" But my kingdom, my family. " he looked down sadly, " I can't love."

"Ohh my goodness this is annoying.  Oh but I love you I can't, because of my family and my country" I mock " oh this  is nonsense. This would never happen.go back home, live your life, you've almost died twice ." I sigh.  I write fantasy and romance yet somehow I am still very cynical of this kinda fluff. For one it would never happen getting stuck in a world of magic and this kind of magical love.

But still I can't help but write about the girl down in the dumps or stuck in a gray world and needs some color. Maybe it's a reflection of myself. 

Here I go again deep thinking. About my life; my work.

As an author of 2 trilogy's, 4 standalone and my new work in progress series of three books now and writing the last. You would think I would have a more positive look on life. more optimism. But no, here I am again talking about how this would not be plausible.

That's why it's FANTASY, Anne.

yes I know that but still.
Sigh.
" Delete, ok maybe more . . .  More What?"  Putting my face in my hands, sighing. I lean back in my comfy work chair. 
" It's been almost a year since your last book. I'm thankful right now that it was not a connecting series."

A broken gem is a series of romances that take place on the same world but different people. The last book a dashing rogue and a nursing student who stumbled upon this world meet and fall in love.

I really want this book to be a different type of story following the same journey.  I want this book to be as well known as the prince ship or the wolf and the king. 

But I've kinda run out of inspiration. My idea lightbulb is broken.

And because of that it's been two years since my last book. I don't want to be done. I want to keep going but I've got nothing.  

Buzz, buzzz " hello"

" ya Anne, just calling to Check in and to make sure you remember our coffee date at the Corner Cafe today in like two hours."  Kathie told me.

" No, that's tomorrow. " I say knowing that are coffee date is tomorrow.
" It's today; the 6ths." kathie says
" no todays the 5th. I'm looking at my calendar right now." I told her.
" look at your phone calendar cause I know for a fact you forgot to rip off the date." Kathie states. She was right about the calendar. This year I got one of those calendars that sits on your desk and has fun facts. 
I roll my eyes.  Open my phone's calendar and " gosh darn it, it is today!" I shout.
" told you so, I knew you would forget and you're not skipping on me again. " I know she's giving me the haha I win look.

" ya, I'll be there at 10:00 right?" I ask
" Yep well see you then best friend."
" ya in a while my best pal." and I hung up after I said goodbye we made up.  So you know it's goodbye.

I stretch out and get out of my seat.  To go get ready for the day. CREAK " I really need to get my step stool out of the trunk so I can make this door quiet. Cause if it's not quite what's the point of a secret room."  I sigh. I am not short but I'm not tall either. I'm average.  But I decided why not make a tall bookshelf hidden door for your writing/ other room. My dad was here at the time and helped me put it up.

I walk up the stairs to my room, pick out a somewhat  good going out outfit and head to the bathroom. I live alone in a two story house in a not country not town area. I have a nice backyard near a national forest park. I also live close-ish  to the city, a 30 minute drive with traffic.  Washing my face and drying my hair.  I walk out to my car waving to the older couple living next door; the johnsons and head to the corner cafe.