Chapter three: Beware of human spiders or worn out adventurers

Anne
Wake up at a 11:30 feeling like a- I turn off my  alarm for 6:15 since I have to start editing by 7:39.  I lay in bed for 5 minutes... ok more like 10. Take a shower, make myself a bagel and a cup of tea. Sit down and start working. The only sounds in my house in the morning is the Click- clack of my keyboard and my music I have on low volume. I've been told I have a unique way of typing: I use one full hand and one finger for the other side. It works for me so nothing wrong with it.

Something I do each day is find an interesting word for the day. It adds an element of fun in my opinion and it's really easy to just go on pintrest and type in weird or interesting words with meanings.   Today is : Werifesteria meaning to wander longingly through the forest in search of a mystery.

Fitting for today is when I planned my hike ( yes I did that on purpose).

At 10:00 I get up and stretch. Put on my boots and head out at my door at 10:14 for my hike.

I turn on my radio, before my hike I promise Kathie we would meet up before she goes  to work to grab a coffee with her.  Also get some food in my belly before hiking a couple miles ( probably only two but we will see).

" going on the hike after this?" She ask
" ya, you are right this might help me. But it will be to just go on a walk in the woods." I told her. There's just something calm about going for a walk in the woods. I feel like I can breathe easier, I walk taller, I can think clearer. No one asked me anything. Well except for being told to watch out or the Occasional hi or good day.  
" I feel like it's going to help, '' Kathie says to me. I take a bite of my chocolate croissant and answer " hopefully."  I look ahead breathing in the cold but refreshing autumn air and repeat quietly to myself " hopefully."

I hop back in the car and head to the park. I pay for my parking, wave to some people, look at the map for the trails.I take the west woodline trail. As I walked on the dirt path I saw mostly people hiking. I am very obseven if you can't tell. I've seen a family laughing together but still no magical fae beings. Aw man! I roll my eyes at myself. Ridiculous. I come to a fork in the road. I feel like there should be an elder wizard with me telling me about this imported choses.

" Look at the paths young one; one is walked on  offen and the other overground; whatever path you choses will change the way your life is going."

One trial goes up more, it's called the hill trial, very original.
Or on the path that seems to start to go lower into the woods called ; deep woods trail. 

Well one looks like somewhere there would be human sized spiders and danger of all sorts oooor go on the trail that looks like where a gang of  heroes finally can see their destination all bruised and tired.

I look from one path to the other thinking. " spiders' I say and  nodded my head and walked down into the deep wood trail.  It gets darker on this path with sun rays filtering through the leaves in the trees.  Did you know there's a word for the light coming in from the trees; Komorebi.
I don't run into anyone else while walking this trail. My only company are the random birds I hear. It's calming. It feels like one of those loft music videos .
Snap! I freeze with my arms sticking out. Looking around for those human sized spiders or a normal real life threat; like another human. Seeing no threat I continue on. As I walk a clearing comes into view. A large open space covered in leaves  of orange and yellow. I can barely see the clearing when the wind picks up so much that most of the leaves on the ground are in the air and then I hear this muffled thud and the wind dies down.

" Holy hell! What was that?" I ask myself. I look around the glen and find . . . Nothing. Well I guess it was just spontaneous wind.  I shrug it off.

I turn and start walking, leaves rustling, the wind gently blows through the trees. I used to think that the trees were waving at me so I'd wave back. I'd also talk to the trees, just call me the Lorax.
I- something or someone grabs my wrist harshly and turns me around. I'm face to chest with someone. I look up into these gold , red eyes.