Insommia

Harper POV:

I woke up again late at night, I checked the time it was 3 am. "Dammit" I mumbled to myself realizing I was now not tired and knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. The worst part about this is that it happened yesterday too and I have school today. It was a Monday and I heard that we were getting a new kid and they were the talk of the school before they even started school! I went to the kitchen to make some food because I had nothing else to do. While grabbing a butter knife I accidentally dropped it and my dog started to bark. My mom walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing so early?!" My mom whispered shouted. "I couldn't sleep and I got hungry" I whispered back continuing to pick up the knife. "Okay just try and go back to sleep" mom walked away back to her room and shut the door.

I walked into the school doors, I could feel my eyes drooping because I never fell back to sleep. I went to my locker, unpacked my backpack, and went to class after the bell. 10 minutes after the bell a boy I assumed to be the new kid. "Okay class this is Griffin Campbell, he will be with us till the end of the year and hopefully next year!" Mrs.Spencer smiled. "Say one thing about yourself and then you can sit next to.... Harper! Harper please raise your hand." I raised my hand and made eye contact with Griffin. He blushed and looked away which caused me to blush a little. "I uhm.. I moved from Chicago and I want to be a rock star when I grow up." Griffin walked over and sat next to me. A few snickers were heard from behind us because of what he had said. "I'm Griffin" he held his hand out. "I know" I put my head down and tried to sleep. "Usually when someone says their name the other person replies with their name and shakes the persons hand." I picked my head up, "I'm harper" I held my hand out and shook griffins hand and gave him a fake smile. As soon as I let his hand go I put my head back down and finally fell asleep.

"Harpy wake up" I woke up to someone shaking me, I looked up and saw Griffin standing up. "What did you call me?" I stood up too and rubbed my eyes. "Harpy?" Griffin blushed again "sorry it slipped out" "it's fine, I kinda like it" I shrugged my shoulders and then we walked out of class together and walked to out next class which coincidentally we had all the same classes. Griffin had to stand in front of the class in every class saying something about himself, he said something new each time just for the sake of it. He sat behind me in History and he tugged at my hair when he got confused. I thought it was kinda cute but also a little annoying at the same time. In math we were told that there was a test the next day and it was worth 50% of our final grade. "What the hell?! I haven't even learnt half this crap!" Griffin and I had time to talk while our teacher was getting ok to a student In the hallway. "I'm really good at math, you can come over to my house after school and I can help you?" I suggested. "Okay!" Griffins angry face quickly turned to a smile and it was such a warm smile.

"My house isn't far" the last bell had rung and Griffin was walking pretty close to me. "I'm fine with it being far" without looking at me he intertwined our fingers, I could feel my stomach doing backflips and butterflies all over the place. I could feel my face a deep red as our hands stayed like that the whole way to my house. "And here's my room" I opened the door and that's when our hands finally let go of each other and we sat on the floor. I had to move some of my drawings and supplies to my desk, we unpacked our backpacks and put our reviews on the ground. We talked more than studied but we didn't care. It was now past 10 and we were actually studying. "What does X equal?" I asked Griffin but when I looked up from the paper I noticed he was staring at me. "I don't know, what does it equal?" Griffin stopped looking at me and looked at his paper. I sighed and face palmed. "It's getting late, do you need to get home by now?" I checked the time noticing it was now almost 11. "My parents aren't home and never told me what time to be home" he looked back at me making eye contact and looked down at my lips then back at my eyes. "Oh ok" I stood up and walked to the bed and sat down. "I'm going to take a small nap *yawn* wake me up when you're about to leave." I felt asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

1 am

I woke up from a nightmare and I was sweating. I stood up to go get some water but when I took a step I stepped on a hand. I jumped then looked down "griffin?" I whispered and knelt to the ground and shook him. "5 more minutes mom" he flipped over and groaned. I shook him again and he woke up. "Well you're not my mom" he yawned and checked the time. "Well no duh, why are you still here?" It came out a bit ruder then I wanted it to. "I accidentally fell asleep because it was late sorry" I stood up when I did. "Sorry I didn't mean for it to come out as rude." I walked to the door almost for getting about water. "What are you doing up?" Griffin followed me to the kitchen. "I had a nightmare and I'm thirsty" I poured some water into a cup and griffin did the same. We both walked back to my room and sat on the floor. "Now I'm not tired anymore" I groaned realizing I wasn't going to go back to sleep now. "We could play a game" Griffin suggested and moved closer to me. "Like what?" I hadn't noticed him because I was drinking my water. "Well I have two in mind." I looked at him seeing how close he was to me. "We could play truth or dare or...." He was close enough for me to feel his body heat and he made eye contact with me. Our lips were so close together, his looked so kissable but I knew I couldn't, we just met! "O-or what?" Griffin made me stutter because of where he was. He moved closer and closer where we were only a centimeter apart. "Screw it" I mumbled then pulled him in by the collar of his shirt and I kissed him. He kissed back and picked me up a little without breaking contacts and put me on his lap and I put my legs around his waist. A little later I felt his tongue in my mouth and his hands made their way under the back side of my shirt. He pulled away from the kiss but continued on my jawline and on my neck. He kissed every where on my neck trying to find a spot, he found it, "G-griffin" he started to suck on the one spot. "You're g-gonna leave a m-mark" his fingers made circles on my back and it kinda tickled.

It was now 3 am and I had tried to fall asleep so many times. I looked back down at the ground and Griffin was staring at the ceiling. "Griffy?" I whispered then realized what I has said. "Yeah?" He sat up to look at me. "I can't sleep" I watched as griffin walked over to the bed and sat down. "Me neither" I laid back down and he laid right next to me. I turned to face the wall and so did he except he spooned me. I felt so warm and all of sudden, so tired. I closed my eyes and I was actually able to sleep! I guess all I needed was Griffin.

Hey y'all! This was a cute/cringe chapter but whatever. I made a tiktok and an Instagram the users are the same for wattpad! I'm trying to make edits of harrfin/soss but I am very bad at editing so I'm hoping to get better. Thank you all and love you all! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤<3

-Laney
1475 words